Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should we get rid of Breeders Crown?

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon

Should we get rid of Breeders Crown?

I Believe the time has come to get rid of the breeders crown and put that money into 2-3 vic breed series and increase the vicbred bonus.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    I believe the days of ridiculous prizemoney for relatively unproven horses racing against other relatively unproven horses has had its day, the perpetrators of this misleading crap have suckled off the combined teats of the rest of the industry for long enough.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I could not help but think how could the APG 2yoF consolation tonight be considered a Gp2 race when it contained 9 fillies that had 35 starts and 3 wins in total between them
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I could not help but think how could the APG 2yoF consolation tonight be considered a Gp2 race when it contained 9 fillies that had 35 starts and 3 wins in total between them

misleading crap comes to mind Kev.

Member Yearling Jimbob will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Wyborn
    Occupation
    Business Owner
    Horses
    Margaret Jean,Tascott Lady
    I think getting rid the Breeders Crown would be the death of the industry. People pay for the chance of the glory, those who are not paid up are not in it. Would people pay for a lesser more even paying series? In some aspects the final of the Breeders Crown is like our Melbourne cup in the Thoroughbreds. If anything, I believe we need more of these series. The good horses wont be able to attend them all so it will even out.

If any changes need to be made in my opinion (and fantasy land) is paying at least $100 for turning up to the track, it costs a lot to get them there and time etc. That would help out a lot of smaller hobby trainers. Maybe it would encourage more trainers.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    They are already paid $125 for last David even in Restricted class Eg below

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...E010516&ms=vic

ps I agree that we need our own Melbourne Cup, what that should be and what set day it should be on, I am not sure
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread