Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Race NZ 2022

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Exclamation The Race NZ 2022

The NZ$900,000 invite-only feature on April 14 will be simply called, The Race.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...or-april-2022/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    The Race. No headaches for overworking the imagination. Fancy running "a race" like this at Cambridge where you need to be up on the pace. Run it at Ashburton and owners of all the top horses might pay up. Not so at Cambridge. Perhaps this track was selected to prop up the ailing North Island scene. Alexandra Park is a financial basket case.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    $75k a year but even last gets $37,500 so for owners like the Butterworths it could appeal
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    $75k a year but even last gets $37,500 so for owners like the Butterworths it could appeal
    It would, but who else? The Harness Jewels is kaput. It was a great format, invitational only and rewarded owners. How "progressive" is dumping the Jewels and expecting a crush of owners to stump up 75 grand per horse, only to see their chance of recuperating that cost vaporise when it draws the second row. It's not even a free for all with the barrier draw biased towards younger horses and mares.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It will be diabolical if they don't get enough slot takers
    To me the slots are only really attractive to owners because if it is not your horse you start negotiating prize percentage. An owner needs a strong stable and good bank balance to want a slot for 3yrs (and have a bit of a gambler's mindset)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    A race for gamblers.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    They have extended bids for another week as only 8 of the 10 slots have been sold but regardless The Race will go ahead on April 14

https://harnesslink.com/new-zealand/...for-slot-race/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    They have extended bids for another week as only 8 of the 10 slots have been sold but regardless The Race will go ahead on April 14

https://harnesslink.com/new-zealand/...for-slot-race/
    I believe all slots were filled by today with an announcement to be made Wednesday. It will be interesting to see who has bought slots and what horses are entered. I noticed that the Spankem, who I thought had been retired, is going around at Rangiora trials tomorrow, he is owned by the Kennards, Breckon Farms and others who may have had a change of heart. Spirit of St Louis was said to be a certain runner and I believe there has been very good interest from Australia.

I expect a surprise announcement by a media player might trump them all and create enormous interest and exposure for the race in Australia. Watch this space.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    I believe all slots were filled by today with an announcement to be made Wednesday. It will be interesting to see who has bought slots and what horses are entered. I noticed that the Spankem, who I thought had been retired, is going around at Rangiora trials tomorrow, he is owned by the Kennards, Breckon Farms and others who may have had a change of heart. Spirit of St Louis was said to be a certain runner and I believe there has been very good interest from Australia.

I expect a surprise announcement by a media player might trump them all and create enormous interest and exposure for the race in Australia. Watch this space.
    Ladbrokes have an 'Aussie Lads' slot

https://twitter.com/AdamHSport
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread