Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Interdominion

Junior Member Foal Butchers Hook will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Darryl Hill
    Felt embarrassed watching the drive of C Lewis.....what was he thinking?

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I had absolutely no doubt the winner was a true champion before the race. Anybody who doubted his greatness will quickly be reassessing their thoughts.

Pure Steel, Popular Alm, Gammalite, Preux Chevalier, Village Kid, Westburn Grant, I'm Themightyquinn - all champions. And all of them would be in awe of Lazarus tonight. And his trainer / driver is something else as well.

The great thing for Australian racing is Laz will be staying here for all of the big races. No doubt some will be grizzling about him stealing the prizemoney but he is a promoter's dream and will be a great boost for the sport. Might even get some (unpaid) editorial space in the daily papers?

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Mark Purdon is quietly playing them all off a break, he hasn't asked any more of Lazarus than absolutely necessary so far and will have the horse 110% on final night. Only bad luck will beat him in the final and i haven't seen him in the heats.

Pat, Wayne, how are you travelling Gents? as predicted Purdon played them all off a break, right down to taking the horses head check off as a last minute gear change, best horse in the race by a long way all he needed to do was ensure the horse was 110% right on final night, but I thought the gear change was a classic piece of gamesmanship. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Danno; 12-09-2017 at 01:30 AM. Reason: spelling

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I switched over to 7mate and it is good stuff - it will be even better exposure when the Inter is on the East coast
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Danno....if you read my last post you will see it was as if I had a crystal ball....Quite magnificent I thought.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    The best horse I have seen in my short life so far 30.3,29.7,27.4,27.2. Last 1/2 54.6 last 1/4 27.2 LAST MILE 1.54.6 phenomenal
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    I dont think any horse disgraced themselves either, there was only 16m between 1st and last. A good effort over that distance.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    I dont think any horse disgraced themselves either, there was only 16m between 1st and last. A good effort over that distance.
    True, but it was slow in the first half of the race. From there on, most of them got sucked along in Lazarus's slipstream. Only one horse was ever going to win. Plenty of huffing and puffing in the media from the Chicago Bull camp but, after having the run of the race, he was left wanting when Purdon looked over his right shoulder. The connections of Vultan Tin would be stoked with his 4th.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Pat, Wayne, how are you travelling Gents? as predicted Purdon played them all off a break, right down to taking the horses head check off as a last minute gear change, best horse in the race by a long way all he needed to do was ensure the horse was 110% right on final night, but I thought the gear change was a classic piece of gamesmanship. Thoughts?

All good Danno, when he drew two it was all about the exotics

The gear change, gamesmanship or horsemanship?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Todd and Mark were on the same page.

+ Reply to Thread