Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Punters Need to Know

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Punters Need to Know

In heats and finals type events Punters need to know what position a horse needs to finish in, in order to qualify for the final or semi. They need to know how hard they need to go ie are they busting a gut to win

Although it is probably not the best example as 'heaps' will be going through:
    Take the Vicbred Super Series heats for the 2yo's at Bendigo tonight. The Form Guide always provides more info than the Fields page in regards to Conditions etc and the following snip shows you there is plenty of info on offer tonight BUT where does it spell out how many go through to the semi's? - info that punters are entitled to know.

I know the Breno's of this world would probably work it out ie 4 Fillies heats so with 2 semis of as many as 12 = 24, so the first 6 of each heat might be good enough

Yes, I know 'horses are trying to win every time they go around' but for series, it needs to be spelt out clearly whether they MUST win to advance. Punters are entitled to see this in bold print
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    In heats and finals type events Punters need to know what position a horse needs to finish in, in order to qualify for the final or semi. They need to know how hard they need to go ie are they busting a gut to win

Although it is probably not the best example as 'heaps' will be going through:
    Take the Vicbred Super Series heats for the 2yo's at Bendigo tonight. The Form Guide always provides more info than the Fields page in regards to Conditions etc and the following snip shows you there is plenty of info on offer tonight BUT where does it spell out how many go through to the semi's? - info that punters are entitled to know.

I know the Breno's of this world would probably work it out ie 4 Fillies heats so with 2 semis of as many as 12 = 24, so the first 6 of each heat might be good enough

Yes, I know 'horses are trying to win every time they go around' but for series, it needs to be spelt out clearly whether they MUST win to advance. Punters are entitled to see this in bold print
    Pre-empted my response Kev, I am in the camp of punters doing their own research.

One thing I would campaign for though is each horses individual 200m sectionals at all tracks being available on harness.org

+ Reply to Thread