Real Name
    chris amos

Classes of Races - C,M,T,R

Can someone please confirm exactly what these abbreviations mean -

C - Country pacing wins?
    M - Metro pacing wins?
    T - ?
    R - ?

Also what exactly determines the difference between country and a metro race?

Thanks

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Think it works like this. M C R are the 3 classes of race. Determined by prizemoney I believe. M metro. Win an M also go up a C (Career) and R (Restricted) class. Win a C class also go up an R class but not an M. Win a R, only go up an R. That for pacers. Same fo trotters except stick a T in front of the M C and R.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Chris, on top of what Paul has said - you will have noticed that

M's are generally for prizemoney of $16k+
    C's are generally for prizemoney of $7k- (but you will see C's for more - like finals) You can think of C's as being like Country but we have to call them Career or it is a bit hard to explain how we quite often run C races at our metro tracks Melton, Menangle .... (even at supposed Metro meetings)
    R's are generally for prizemoney of $3k-

What officially determines a race to be Metro is probably simply the way the race is advertised/written up to attract nominations and of course the amount of prizemoney offered.
    I keep a database of all trainers Victorian wins (you can find a good National one on HRA now but I like to know Vic only too) and I sometimes never know whether to put some of the Country Cups down as a Metro or Career win. I generally go by the prizemoney ie if it's a $15k+ race I put it in the Metro column

Maybe someone out there can help me too

ps 2yo's & 3yo's have ratings separate for their age too eg a 3yo could be rated 3C3 (won three 3yo races) and C1 (won one race in open company) - I think that is right
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-09-2014 at 03:00 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Chris - this is what you need to read

http://www.harness.org.au/rules/AUSTHCPR.PDF

I was right about $15k being deemed a Metro race
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread