Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Toss one out there (if you can get on) Open at own risk

triplev123

Toss one out there (if you can get on) Open at own risk

Carrick TAS, 1:40pm Saturday afternoon.
    Race 2 (10) Mister Boswell. Not much fun rolling from the outside of the back line around there but I hear that this colt can scoot.

Member Filly tyson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tyson Jones
    Horses
    Scrap Art, Shezarascal, Franco Torro
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Carrick TAS, 1:40pm Saturday afternoon.
    Race 2 (10) Mister Boswell. Not much fun rolling from the outside of the back line around there but I hear that this colt can scoot.
    Hey triplev123

Funny that you mention Mister Boswell. I work with the guy that owns him. We both didn't know that we each had horses until he seen my internet history on the computer. Is it common for 2yo to have Standing Starts ?

triplev123
    Geeze, small world. Wish him good luck. Not that common for 2yos to have SS's, at least not here in NSW, but having said that, a few years ago now one of ours made his debut at 2yrs in a stand at Devonport over 1910m. What a carve up. Not his fault though. The horse next to him reared & jumped into his bike at the start, he got frightened and broke up, lost 200m before he got going again and only got beaten 14m for 6th. It's hard enough to get away cleanly from a mobile. Not a fan of SS's at any time & especially not with 2yos.

Member Filly tyson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tyson Jones
    Horses
    Scrap Art, Shezarascal, Franco Torro
    I was thinking that it was strange to have 2yo SS. I haven't ever noticed them in NSW,QLD or WA and thats where most of my racing is done. But i do remember reading about ITMQ having a stand in NZ before he came over as a baby

But this guy bred this horse also. Maybe a few runs and he will pick up some money!!!!

aussiebreno
    Vics have 2yo SS 'regularly'. I think the aim of it is to allow the early season 2yos that have won a race and thus 2C1 still get a run; as most early races would be 2C0, or the maidens will pull out of 2C0-2C1/2 races fearing a hard run; so the 10m handicap helps races stand up.
    That said I dont like SS racing, let alone in 2yos. Yes the races stand up so obviously some trainers arent worried; but I've never seen a goodun in a stand as a 2yo

triplev123
    I see that Rodney Ashwood has qualified and trialled Mister Boswell two or three times from the Stand so I guess he has him ready.
    Unless you're in Tassie the only way we'll be able to hear this race is via the TAS TAB website which is http://www.thetote.com.au
    Go to the top right hand side of the main page & click on The Tote Media Centre. Fingers crossed he gets the cash.

triplev123
    Mid-field finish. Missed the start, caught the across the line run down. Bugger.

+ Reply to Thread