Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Todays Melbourne-Herald Sun. Front page and pages 24-26.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove

Todays Melbourne-Herald Sun. Front page and pages 24-26.

By Andrew (wannabe) Rule..

Didn't know V. Knight personally. Met him once or twice, nice bloke. But todays paper just a little too much.

FFS!!!

-1 Evidence Andrew?

-2 Names Andrew, Names Andrew. Apart from those that can't defend themselves coz they are dead.

Apart from them you have quoted a 'racing industry figure', a 'former jockey', a 'giant of cycling' and others. But no names?? They must all still be alive ?? Very brave (as u call it) Andrew!!

-3 Your sources. The Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus?

Get (as you call it) brave Andrew. Or go back to where you belong... the tosser pages at the back of the paper.

You're a disgrace!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Hey Toohard ... found the full story (I think) for non Victorian readers who couldn't access the story.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226514267540

aussiebreno
    I seen this on the herald sun website late last night/early this morning. I had a thread made up similar to this Toohard but decided against posting it because I'd had a few froths. Probably a good idea on my behalf if I've ever had.

Who was the trainer who got done for ice?
    Why is the lead (on the website at least) about past harness racing indiscretions rather than gallops? Peope will continue to shine harness in a poor light, to make gallops sagas seem not so bad and for that sport to keep a cleaner image.
    Breeding and sales prices aren't dropping from some sort of clean up 3 years ago :s

P.S Broncobrad and others, if there is a story on the Hun website that you can't access, go back into google and search for it and it normally opens up with the whole article

aussiebreno
    I wish he had twitter but it doesn't look like he does and the Hun twitter didn't tweet about the story.

Edit: I'm a twitter noob but still found some stuff dissing the article. Good too see its been given the respect its deserved...as for the non-racing followers, well we can only hope they realise its the Herald Sun.
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 11-11-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I seen this on the herald sun website late last night/early this morning. I had a thread made up similar to this Toohard but decided against posting it because I'd had a few froths. Probably a good idea on my behalf if I've ever had.

Who was the trainer who got done for ice?
    Why is the lead (on the website at least) about past harness racing indiscretions rather than gallops? Peope will continue to shine harness in a poor light, to make gallops sagas seem not so bad and for that sport to keep a cleaner image.
    Breeding and sales prices aren't dropping from some sort of clean up 3 years ago :s

P.S Broncobrad and others, if there is a story on the Hun website that you can't access, go back into google and search for it and it normally opens up with the whole article
    Gday Brendan

"Freedom of the press" I think they call it. Write whatever you like about people who can't defend themselves.

I just read it again and he's basically saying Bob Knight told a professional associate (says professional associate more than a friend) how he was doing it just before V Knight died. That was 1991. So we are meant to believe this person has not told anyone for 21 years and when he did decide to tell someone, it was Mr Rule he told??

Lets assume this person does exist and the above is true. It's his word against a dead mans and they splash it all over page one! FFS!!

This media organisation well qualified to talk about cheating. Same one as was doing the illegal phone tapping.

Oops... that was in the UK not here.

They'd never do the same thing here.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Gday Brendan

"Freedom of the press" I think they call it. Write whatever you like about people who can't defend themselves.

I just read it again and he's basically saying Bob Knight told a professional associate (says professional associate more than a friend) how he was doing it just before V Knight died. That was 1991. So we are meant to believe this person has not told anyone for 21 years and when he did decide to tell someone, it was Mr Rule he told??

Lets assume this person does exist and the above is true. It's his word against a dead mans and they splash it all over page one! FFS!!

This media organisation well qualified to talk about cheating. Same one as was doing the illegal phone tapping.

Too right

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Gday Brendan

More the fool you for reading the SHS Toohard. I stopped reading that bile when they printed those nude pics, of who they claimed to be Pauline Hanson. Then were served their arse to them when it clearly wasn't her. And as far as bringing my footy club (MFC), into it when every dog and his master knows it wasn't the TEAM tanking, it was the Club that were tanking. Although I was never a fan of the Knights, and there are still, I believe, a lot of unanswered questions from during their time, I thought that article was extremely distasteful and disrespectful. Not only for his family but also for his friends.

aussiebreno
    Harnesslink should not endorse this shit
    http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=101898

+ Reply to Thread