Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rudd has resigned as Foreign Minister

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Yeah Jamie, he is the geeky schoolkid that roared. Its a shame that when the furore dies down, so will the the real feeling and honesty that we are currently enjoying. Nothing like a bit of frank unadultered truth with no shackles, winner takes all sort of stuff. Bit like next week, I reckon when the pretenders ITMQ and Auckland Reactor shape up against the dourest of champs (No hiding my loyalty to Trigger). Somewhere along the way the Labor Party lost its way, maybe back as far as Keating v Hawke and I think the selfish actions of the factions has damaged the Labor image for workers and followers to be able to stomach maybe for another generation.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Arbib's gone now. Resigned about 1/2 an hour ago. That's a shame because it would have been better if he stuck around and continued to stuff things up.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Like a rat on an old galleon about go through a shit storm, he jumps. Thats the depth of the mans conviction to the Labor Party and the true believers. Gutless through and through. Hope his family can live with him because the ALP will certainly be much improved by his departure. Wow, thats pretty controlled vitriole. Bye scumbag.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I bet he will go to work for James Packer...you couldn't get enough $$$ on it.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Bob Carr resurrected without a vote, Bob McLelland stabbed in the back for supporting Kev Rudd, lies dripping from Julias lips like water. Steve Smith stymied again. What a wicked web we weave.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Gillard has all the credibility of a Taiwanese Rolex.

I have no great love for that side of politics however as the father of two girls I thought her arrival at The Lodge might at least yield one very significant positive, that being the message sent out to primary, high school and university age girls across the country that yes, they could one day be PM if they so desired.
    In that respect she held an oh so precious torch as Australia's 1st female PM...and she must have at least had some idea that was the case...& yet she has squandered it, she has treated that significant responsibility with just as much disdaine as she has both the Australian people and the truth in general.

The dogs were barking Bob Carr for Foreign Minister & have been since the moment Rudd handed in his Woggle but once again, like the Carbon Tax & like means testing the Private Health Insurance rebate & like so many other instances too numerous to mention...instances where the PM had opportunity to show some ticker & some honesty ...she simply looked down the camera lense on the evening news and lied her arse off.
    The journo's from The Australian were all over it like Seagulls on hot chips, they knew it all top to bottom before they asked her the question and they gave the PM the opportunity to confirm it but that habit of the PM's of flying fast and loose with the truth was once again insurmountable

The really ridiculous thing about the PM denying it all in this instance is that is getting Bob Carr on her team is notably amongst the few smart things she has done to date...he is an absolutely consumate operator and will make an excellent Foreign Minister (he has dearly wanted that posting for most if not all of of his political career)...BUT when questioned on it sadly Julia Gillard's default position to lie her arse off came once again to the fore, a habit that has apparently become so very deeply implanted in her psyche that nowadays she does so instinctively, in the blink of an eye, in a heart-beat.
    Worse still is that she time and time again appears to think nothing of it...as though the 24 hour news cycle performs upon her the equivalent of an over-night 'moral carwash' & she can once again expect to come up clean as a newborn in the morning. Disgraceful.

It's all very sad. Australia deserves better than to be headed up by such a person.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Here's a nice old whisper.
    What price Morris Iemma for Canberra?
    The dogs are barking it.
    I also heard John Aquilina.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    So Morris has successfully made a full recovery from what I thought was a fatal knifing by his own NSW Labor Party after they pulled the plug on his planned privatisation/sale of state electricity assets? Indeed that would be a bigger comeback than Lazarus and J. Christ himself!!!

You would think the meningoencephalitis scare he dodged a couple of years ago would have knocked some reality into him. Power for some people is as addictive a drug as ever there was.

If the trots get boring and you want pure theatre (and I don't just mean a cameo of G. Hall with arm outstretched in victory) there is always the on-going soapie played out daily at our expense to satisfy their own selfish egos. Clowns. Don't they know, that is what the greater populous thinks of them?

+ Reply to Thread