Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Presidential Ball as a broodmare sire/Northern Luck as a Sire info required.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    I'll give you a few points back Jamie- I only read the results, no stewards comments there yet. Gave you a free hit too with Grand Stride if you want to expand to 3x3 on the sireline to any great sire
    [VVV] I've done it in the past (it was kind of Brett Coffey's idea so I can blame him because it didn't work quite as well as I'd have liked) but in view of the result, Abercrombie's not a horse that I'd be looking to linebreed like that. I reckon it risks dulling down their point to point speed, my observation is that many of the horses bred that way tend to be stronger than they are fast, but as always there's an exception to every rule & Grand Stride is a very notable one as he does have a fair lick of high speed. Phil's hit on the most important part, noting that there was a 2yo quinella from daughters of Scoots Away. Maternal families. The rest is just window dressing.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Now your getting it Jamie, maternal families much better then sire lines. Brett I presume writes the Alabar Newsletter? He seems to be getting more interested in pedigree philosphy too. Speaking of Maternal Families you know the pedigree for Go the Goose is wrong in the Tesio program? Its actually much better then it appears but then if you don't do pedigrees but form and function then it doesn't matter. But most importantly for you as a seller it was right in the pacing gold catalogue but I doubt to many people would actually check.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I can't remember that mare ever having had one in the APG Sale? No matter.
    On the linebreeding to Cam Fella thing, here's some to follow Dot. Forest City Sale October 13/14-2012.
    Of the 12 x 2012 yearlings bred by Seelster Farms from the first North American crop of Artistic Fella....
    Britannia Seelster- Artistic Fella/Brokenstar-Camluck, a 3x3 Cam Fella.
    Cabernet Seelster- Artistic Fella/Cinder Sun Rose- Cambest, a 3x3 Cam Fella.
    Chinook Seelster- Artistic Fella/Cashmere Hall- Blissfull Hall, a 3x4 Cam Fella.
    Sequin Seelster- Artistic Fella/Sids Sparkle- Cam's Card Shark, a 3x3 Cam Fella.
    Titus Seelster- Artistic Fella/That Day- Camluck, a 3x3 Cam Fella.

Junior Member Weanling Kevin Dinnigan will become famous soon enough Kevin Dinnigan's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin email.Kevin.Dinnigan@Three.com.au Dinnigan
    Occupation
    Research
    Horses
    Hindu Rani. Hindu Goddess.Hindu Rama,Hin

Thumbs up Good work Triple V

Hi Jamie.
    Good work re the 3 x 3 cam fella lines.
    I wonder what previous sires these mares went to?
    Regards.
    KevinD

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Probably not of much help Kevin

Britannia Seelster- Artistic Fella/Brokenstar-Camluck, a 3x3 Cam Fella.
    1st foal of the mare.

Cabernet Seelster- Artistic Fella/Cinder Sun Rose- Cambest, a 3x3 Cam Fella.
    Mare has a current 3yo to Modern Art and lost the next one by Stonebridge Regal.

Chinook Seelster- Artistic Fella/Cashmere Hall- Blissfull Hall, a 3x4 Cam Fella.
    Mare has a current 2yo to Stonebridge Regal

Sequin Seelster- Artistic Fella/Sids Sparkle- Cam's Card Shark, a 3x3 Cam Fella.
    Mare has a current 2yo to Santana Blue Chip

Titus Seelster- Artistic Fella/That Day- Camluck, a 3x3 Cam Fella.
    Mare has Moderate winners to Western Maverick & Modern Art plus a raced 3yo by Modern Art and a current 2yo by Mach Three.

Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Jamie it was in the book but not at the sale actually, FSS withdrawn. Who ever determines Seelster Farm matings obviously see merit in the 3x3 sire line to Cam Fella, I'll probably forget these but I have faith that you will remind me Jamie if one becomes a star.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Dot, you are absolutely right, that was the 2011 Sale. I am going brain dead. He ended up with Paul Kahleldt. Named Lettuceatthegoose. Has had a couple of trials earlier in the year but that's it. Apparently goes ok but no idea what it's up to now.
    Rather than the 3x3 thing, which is interesting but there's so much more to it...I just think Artistic Fella will get the job done, especially so here. We only bred 1 filly by him, a big strong thing she was, and we gave her away at the most recent Sydney APG. She ended up in QLD. A very nice bloke named Trevor bought her and apparently she gets along very nicely. I believe Kylie Rassmussen has her. I really like the horse's chances as a sire. He was big, strong and wicked fast, paced 7 or 8 winning miles in 1:48.4 or faster. A more imposing/impressive type you'd be hard pressed to find.

Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Jamie did you ever really doubt me? AF was certainly impressive on the track and off, from memory though I think his connections shut him down early in his 2yo year to give him a little time and measure up to the best as a 3yo and older, which he certainly did. I wonder if his foals will need/get the same consideration? But I think he has the right attributes to make a successful sire

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Indeed not. I'm glad that someone knows what's happening Dot.
    I'd completely forgotten that colt had ever been catalogued.
    Re: Artistic Fella, that was a training master stroke, one of the all-time great ones actually when you consider the ultimate outcome.
    The horse was going well at 2yrs, had won 3 from 4 starts including 2 NJSS Heats, & from what I understand Elliott could easily have pressed on but instead he decided to put the horse away. As a 3yo he also kept the horse racing at The Meadowlands too, duly smashing the absolute crap out of so many of the colts who wanted to drop by & try their luck against him. I think he won 10 straight @ The Meadowlands at 3yrs.
    As contrary as it might sound, I think they will win more than their fair share at 2yrs...not so much because I think they're neccessarily overtly early maturing types, although some clearly are, but moreso that they're generally just so big & strong & powerful that I reckon they'll just out-muscle a lot of their competition. We'll see soon enough. The first of them should start to race this coming December/January.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Jamie it was in the book but not at the sale actually, FSS withdrawn. Who ever determines Seelster Farm matings obviously see merit in the 3x3 sire line to Cam Fella, I'll probably forget these but I have faith that you will remind me Jamie if one becomes a star.
    [VVV] Big Shark leads all the way & wins on debut at Pinjarra, 2yo geld. Four Starzzz Shark- Janterra- Luck Cam. 3x3 Cam Fella. Paul Ellis looking a dead cert. for The 2012 Nostradamus Award.

+ Reply to Thread