Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: How is Victoria travelling?

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisi View Post
    Cant believe you would say that, Kylie Sugars along with others have a problem with it, the lost meeting not long back was a problem and of course we all know when it's wet the inside is rooted, they say very little these days as it is old news.
    Kylie Sugars and others is certainly a long list of drivers isn't it?

Member Gelding Itisi will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mick Tobias
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    You know what David? I'm yet to hear one trainer or driver complain about the Melton track.
    Well all I can say you must work in the hamburger stand and don't get a chance to talk only time you do is to ask if you want sauce or not.

triplev123
    Mick...why exactly was it that they went with a 1000m track at Melton?

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisi View Post
    Well all I can say you must work in the hamburger stand and don't get a chance to talk only time you do is to ask if you want sauce or not.
    Ha ha ha thats funny. Call me old fashioned, but I like my trots without having to use binoculars. I had the privelige of going to a couple of Miracle Miles at Harold Park and they were the best Harness experiences of my life. Melbourne Showgrounds were apparently much the same but I was too young to remember the experience. I dont know why HRV went with a 1000m track. Maybe they wanted the crowd close to the action so the newcomers could get hooked like myself and no doubt lots of others. I don't know. But wev'e now got a track and facility that WE own. No more being Moonee Valley Racing Clubs bitch. I respect your opinion of Melton. A lot of the old boys i've spoken to over the years didn't like Moonee Valley when we first moved there. I must admit though, the one thing that annoys me about Melton, is the quality of the sound on the race replays on the net.
    Last edited by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild; 01-05-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Real Name
    Mick Tobias
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    There ignorance that's why, so much so that G Lang stand ain't there. Work it out yourself he wanted 1200 metre track.

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Give me 1200 mtrs with good bends anyday,good for the horses and good for the spectacle.

Real Name
    Mick Tobias
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    Ha ha ha thats funny. Call me old fashioned, but I like my trots without having to use binoculars. I had the privelige of going to a couple of Miracle Miles at Harold Park and they were the best Harness experiences of my life. Melbourne Showgrounds were apparently much the same but I was too young to remember the experience. I dont know why HRV went with a 1000m track. Maybe they wanted the crowd close to the action so the newcomers could get hooked like myself and no doubt lots of others. I don't know. But wev'e now got a track and facility that WE own. No more being Moonee Valley Racing Clubs bitch. I respect your opinion of Melton. A lot of the old boys i've spoken to over the years didn't like Moonee Valley when we first moved there. I must admit though, the one thing that annoys me about Melton, is the quality of the sound on the race replays on the net.
    don't know who told you that we own that facility but that rubbish, we got given the land but borrowed shiploads to build all stands ,track, barn, ect then they do deal with tattersall to get all clubs to sign up, well Horsham and Kilmore tell them to f.... Off we do our own negotiations . That CEO could not run a chook raffle and the faster they piss him off the better.
    Last edited by Itisi; 01-05-2012 at 10:52 PM.

Real Name
    Mick Tobias
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Dont know everyone wanted it but Mr Anderson convinced the board not to. Let's face it it's all about turnover now not crowds, and the best racing is on the bigger tracks and I have been saying for years now we race over to far a distance, in our every day race for the punter to maintain interest in investing on it. Let's look at most races and 400 to 600 metres in the middle of most races nothing happens.Must be honest I love the racing at Menangle and I have trained horses in Vic for thirty years.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Change the subject back to original .Anyone see race 6 at Albury on new years eve.(before some smartie says it i know its Nsw) but the stable concerned is Victorian.Stewards enquiry in the drive of the 1 Leda Mcnally gave lead up to stablemate then didnt take opportunity to make ground sounds like team driving to me if so needs to be stamped out big time.
    Stablemate didnt win but was the stable elect.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have never seen a track screaming out for Pokies like my old town of Yarra Glen. Large grandstand never fully utilized. No pokies in the town - a popular tourist destination close to Melbourne
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread