Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Sectional Time rules

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Saying View Post
    Exactly my query in regards to Terror To Love!
    [VVV] Pandy would have layed him for all he was worth and for twice as much on a Sunday.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Brendan their is no need to be a making smart ass comment's about punctuation's not all of us can be highly educated. If you want to be a smart ass then know what your talking about and be accurate. Wasn't being a smart arse. It is genuinely very hard to understand what somebody is trying to say when punctuation is non existant. This post and your past posting history shows you are adept at at least making readworthy posts so not sure what the go was with that last one. I'm no rhodes scholar myself but readability (see I just made up a word) is pretty important on an internet forum. Qualifying time's are for distance's greater than 1609 mts . Exactly so why compare an 800m sectional with thisEvery track has a minimum sectional time for the first half of the last mile given to reflect the quality of the track and the speed at which all horse's should be expected to run on that track, not the class of horse that race's there. A C6 racing at, for example, Bathurst should record a higher sectional time than a C1 racing at Bathurst. Why do they have to abide by the same sectional time? They shouldn't.The sectional time's were bought in to try and help the punter so as to give every horse in the race a fair chance not just the first 4 or 5 up front. The reason why i said about qualifying times was that if you don't run (9 times out of 10) under the sectional time for that track you wont qualify,no qualify no race. Ah no. You can still run your half in 66 (which would break the sectional times rules) yet come home in 60 and qualify. The qualifying time at Wagga is 2.12 FWIW It was just a comment about times required to race . The part about running home in time (Some weaker races at Wagga where they still haven't run home in time have been let out of the fine) I don't understand what you mean. It is the first half quarter's not the race time or last half that the driver's may be fined for. Say the horses run 66 first half that is outside the rules. But if they only get home in say 61 it shows the leader wasn't much chop and on account of being a slow horse (to put it nicely) the driver gets out of the fine Leeway may only be given if their is a strong wind,heavy track etc not because of the class of horse The link I shown says otherwise. I will keep an eye out in future for stewards reports what backs up my comment and post if I can be arsed If the race at Cranbourne was a C1-C2 you are right no-one would have mentioned it but it wasn't, more was expected for the class of horse that took part. Exactly. If it would be the norm for a C1-C2 why are they bound under the same time as an open class event.
    PS I don't agree with the fine's either for the race leader but a rule is a rule and we have to live with it.
    Doesn't mean you can't disagree with it and want change.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I'm not comparing qual time's with sectional times just pointing out why running sectional's is also important to be able to race it was just a comment.

A C6 racing at, for example, Bathurst should record a higher sectional time than a C1 racing at Bathurst. Why do they have to abide by the same sectional time? They shouldn't

Because it's the rule and just because a horse is a C6 doesn't mean he is faster

Ah no. You can still run your half in 66 (which would break the sectional times rules) yet come home in 60 and qualify. The qualifying time at Wagga is 2.12 FWIW

This comment is what i mean by get fact's right check with your local trial's steward and ask him what the qualifying time is and you will find it is 2.05 for horse's 3yo and over from a mobile,2.09 for a stand,then for the 2yo's mob is 2.07 and the stand is 2.12 ,2yo trotter's their is no restriction and for 3yo and older trotter's mob is 2.06 and the stand is 2.09 These time's are for Class C track's. Around here they are Wagga,Parkes Dubbo And Young and this is all i will say on this topic .

And your link is VIC we are in NSW
    Last edited by Greg Hando; 12-07-2011 at 10:21 PM.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

aussiebreno
    I'm not comparing qual time's with sectional times just pointing out why running sectional's is also important to be able to race it was just a comment.

A C6 racing at, for example, Bathurst should record a higher sectional time than a C1 racing at Bathurst. Why do they have to abide by the same sectional time? They shouldn't

Because it's the rule and just because a horse is a C6 doesn't mean he is faster

Ah no. You can still run your half in 66 (which would break the sectional times rules) yet come home in 60 and qualify. The qualifying time at Wagga is 2.12 FWIW

This comment is what i mean by get fact's right check with your local trial's steward and ask him what the qualifying time is and you will find it is 2.05 for horse's 3yo and over from a mobile,2.09 for a stand,then for the 2yo's mob is 2.07 and the stand is 2.12 ,2yo trotter's their is no restriction and for 3yo and older trotter's mob is 2.06 and the stand is 2.09 These time's are for Class C track's. Around here they are Wagga,Parkes Dubbo And Young and this is all i will say on this topic .

And your link is VIC we are in NSW
    The very, very vast majority of those running in a C6 would be of better calibre horses than those running a C1. They should be running quicker times.
    If a random C6 gets a half in 65 and a random C1 gets a half in 65, I give you $10 and a bookie offers your $2 about both but you can only back one which one do you back?

So what if my links Victorian :s the sectional rules aren't restricted to NSW and this is an Australian section of the forum not a NSW section :s.

Have you got a link to the qualifying times. Would be a handy resource to have. At Wagga in the numbers room they had a chart up saying 2.12 and 18 months ago I was timing one (probably a 2yo, definitely not a trotter) who went >70 the first half and 32 third quarter. I turned around to the ex Wagga photo judge, starter & jack of all trades and said they've got to go 2.12 don't they and he nodded his head. Another time a horse went 2.10 or 2.11 in a race and I distinctly remember people saying just inside the qualifying time or words to that effect. I have no reason to doubt you on your quoted times so if turns out it isn't 2.12 I do apologise. I will keep searching HRNSW and HRA websites to find out.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Go onto HRNSW website it should be in their somewhere i was just quoting out of memory as i deal with them every week. I have been talking about NSW as other state's don't bother me too much what they do.
    A little bit more info for you. The sectional time policy was proposed by the United Harness Racing Association to implement a Sectional Times Policy for the perception of racing and improve the integrity of the sport.UHRA are the trainers and driver's.
    Has the other states got a sectional time's policy if so where is it found or what is it ? Do they have a qualifying time to run before racing ?
    As to which horse to put $10 on it would depend on the horse's for mine.
    Last edited by Greg Hando; 12-08-2011 at 01:05 AM. Reason: left out a word
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Qualifying times for NSW are available here, http://www.hrnsw.com.au/assets/files...icy%281%29.pdf
    The relevant pieces are at the bottom of page 2 and on page 3.
    Last edited by strong persuader; 12-08-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Clarity
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

aussiebreno
    Go onto HRNSW website it should be in their somewhere i was just quoting out of memory as i deal with them every week. I have been talking about NSW as other state's don't bother me too much what they do.
    A little bit more info for you. The sectional time policy was proposed by the United Harness Racing Association to implement a Sectional Times Policy for the perception of racing and improve the integrity of the sport.UHRA are the trainers and driver's.
    Has the other states got a sectional time's policy if so where is it found or what is it ? Do they have a qualifying time to run before racing ?
    As to which horse to put $10 on it would depend on the horse's for mine.
    I had enough trouble finding the NSW Qualifying times let alone searching for the HRV sectional times. QLD also have a policy in place (or were trialling one). Not sure about the other states.

Quote Originally Posted by strong persuader View Post
    Qualifying times for NSW are available here, http://www.hrnsw.com.au/assets/files...icy%281%29.pdf
    The relevant pieces are at the bottom of page 2 and on page 3.
    Thanks Strong Persuader.

The chart in the numbers room was quite dusty and tattery perhaps it was an old 2yo Mobile time.

+ Reply to Thread