Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Breeding trotters to pacers and vice versa

Junior Member Foal sdog will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown

Breeding trotters to pacers and vice versa

can it be done, has it been done, and has it failed or succeeded on the whole?????

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    La Coocaracha was bred to be a pacer she is by Safely Kept out of Poetry but turned out to be a champion trotting mare winning $428k, Safely Kept has thrown a number of trotters out of pacing mare's. Take a look at her breeding as she has 3 live foals by trotting stallions and also 3 live foals by pacing stallions. I couldn't tell you if it has succeeded or not i just thought you could have a look at her breeding and foals as an example.

Junior Member Foal sdog will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    thanks mango, i am from a galloping background and on the whole pacers look very closely related, it would be great to get some off that different blood that the trotting sire and mares offer......

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hey sdog (love the name), yes you can. I had a trotting mare that I bred to pacing and she had 5 foals - all winners............which leads me to think why I haven't done it more often. Good luck.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    sdog look back through Christian Cullen's breeding a lot of good trotter's back in it

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    we had a Sundon out of the grandmother of Cullen - the year before our sales purchase they got $80k+ for I think a falcon and we purchased the Sundon for $9k. Yes fammily of True Roman but not a commecially smart decision.

PS the Sundon didn't win a real race - only 1 2yo non tote.

+ Reply to Thread