Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Three Cheers for the Menangle Track Guys

triplev123

Thumbs up Three Cheers for the Menangle Track Guys

While I'm handing out the bouquets...what a GREAT job the Track guys did not only to keep the surface in one piece during the week but to have it ready for last night.
    In the face of the rain we've had here in Sydney over the past week that was a nothing short of amazing effort. A+++.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Was the track a little bit off or pretty well spot on
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

triplev123
    I got there pretty early Greg, around 4:30pm, and would you believe they were actually watering it!
    That's how well the track drains. Quite incredible.
    I went down and had a good look at it about 5pm and I would say that it was maybe just a tally-ho paper off being perfect then. By Race 1 at 6pm and onwards from there it was as good as it could ever have been. The 1:54.4 for 2300m that Luke's horse tossed in earlier in the night was something to behold. With no further rain I think it will be lightening fast on Tuesday & then next Saturday night. The MM itself went a fair bit slower than I thought it would by virtue of there not really being a horse coming at the leaders after they reached the 1/4.
    I think that Franco Jamar was going to be that horse...but a gate break stopped him from pressing the point. As such Lance was free to absolutely steal a 29 & a piece 2nd quarter and it was all over from there. Smoken up simply WILL NOT let another horse go by him. He just kept on finding more & more.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Thank's Jamie lookout for the times next week then
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

+ Reply to Thread