Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Change to on-course arrival times by HRNSW

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    [VVV] Thanks Tahn. Your fleshing out of the picture is very much appreciated.
    Perhaps the 1hr prior will be bolstered by 2hrs post & that will now be more often in play?
    I'd have thought there'd be much more of a chance to detect offenders in the 2hrs post race period than 2hrs prior prior.
    Non lasix horses have to be on course approx. 2 hours beforehand, give or take about 15 mins at each track. Lasix horses are 4 hours beforehand.

Arriving on course at least 2 hours before your race and random post race TC02 have made TC02 infractions all but extinct in North America.... they are VERY rare. The same cannot be said in the Southern Hemisphere. Arriving 2 hours before your race is just once (vital) piece of the puzzle to nip this practice in the bud.... the other being post race TC02 testing.

Banned Gelding racefair will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jett Miller
    Thanks for the info Tahn. So, just to be clear. Are you saying that changing the on course arrival time from 2 hours to 1 hour will open it up for trainers to bicarb their horses without being caught? If so, then I'd be outraged if I was a legitimate trainer or owner.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Starship Captain View Post
    Thank's guy's,
    Someone did show me the little booklets from the US and I was wondering what information is made avaliable to trainers in AU & NZ.
    IMO there should be a booklet the same for vets and trainers, strapers, owners etc. With this there is no mistaking the requirements.
    This topic is really interesting...
    At a meeting of the NZ trainers and drivers assn a few months back it was asked of Cameron George if trainers could get a list of drugs / medications and withholding periods.
    His response was one of shocked amazement that we didn't have it already.
    He was going to take it up with EVA (Equine Vets Assn)
    As you probably know , or if you dont, Mr George is our Aussie Chief Stipe..!!!!!!

Currently no response to his enquiry at EVA..!!!!

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    This topic is really interesting...
    At a meeting of the NZ trainers and drivers assn a few months back it was asked of Cameron George if trainers could get a list of drugs / medications and withholding periods.
    His response was one of shocked amazement that we didn't have it already.
    He was going to take it up with EVA (Equine Vets Assn)
    As you probably know , or if you dont, Mr George is our Aussie Chief Stipe..!!!!!!

Currently no response to his enquiry at EVA..!!!!
    TC, no surprise there, Cameron George or Mr. Teflon has never been responsible for errors or oversights, it's always someone else under his control. He would win every "pass the parcel" competition or perhaps a good rugby player who never gets caught with the ball. Word has it he practices that shock/horror expression every night in front of a mirror

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    I don't agree with this change at all. Only opens up to more drenching done prior to on-course arrival.

+ Reply to Thread