Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who can stop Grimson?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Who can stop Grimson?

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...-in-shepp-cup/

It is a telling maybe even cheeky title if you think about it.

Normally it is horses that race that have to be beaten
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I reckon Aikey is going to need better weaponry than Cranbourne.

A third-tier Kiwi open-class pacer in my view.

However, he will have been in the new stable 21 days so anything is possible.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I cannot find anything on the HRA website but PP is detailing how JG has been disqualified for 12mths for the Albion Park brawl and among others Jack Trainor for 3mths
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I cannot find anything on the HRA website but PP is detailing how JG has been disqualified for 12mths for the Albion Park brawl and among others Jack Trainor for 3mths
    It is on Racenet.

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    The Big Bomb exploded at Menangle yesterday.
    Last edited by trish; 08-23-2023 at 12:51 PM.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Ben Dorries published the story on Racenet yesterday afternoon, sorry I don't have the link. And, as free steak knives, Jack Trainor copped a 3-month DQ for his contribution.

(Entering the ring without tagging your partner was a no-no in the old World Championship Wrestling days; a three-count would get you disqualified. Trainor was obviously unaware of this!)

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    No link would work anyway Trev - Racenet is another of those who wants $20 a month off you to read their stuff
    Every Tom, Dick and Harry wants you to pay nowadays - even local newspapers eg. I see a link to a Warrnambool story but cannot read it without handing over $x subscription (LOL I might not read another Warrnambool story for the year!)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    (Entering the ring without tagging your partner was a no-no in the old World Championship Wrestling days; a three-count would get you disqualified. Trainor was obviously unaware of this!)[/QUOTE]

That's funny Trevor.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Unless Racenet have made it all up, it is incredible that none of our websites have reported on a Grimson disqualification.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    There's an article in the Herald Sun - I read it on line this morning - ha - just found it again.
    Details below as I'm pretty sure it would be behind paywall ...

Star harness racing trainer Jason Grimson disqualified for 12 months over trots brawl
    A wild Albion Park brawl has been followed by a dramatic stewards’ inquiry which has seen four people cop bans from the sport.

Accusations of a star harness racing trainer being a “drug cheat’’ sparked a wild Albion Park brawl, an inquiry has heard, which has led to four participants copping lengthy bans.

Championship-winning trainer Jason Grimson has been disqualified for 12 months by stewards after pleading guilty to assaulting Brisbane Racing Club employee Adam Russo.

At the inquiry, stewards labelled Grimson’s punch on Russo, who was being held by security, “a sickening, cowardly blow’’.

Grimson was furious when informed of his 12-month ban, claiming “it’s not fair’’ and insisting there were other people throwing punches on the night who were not detected.

The nasty melee, captured on two CCTV cameras, happened after Grimson’s horse Swayzee was an upset winner of Queensland’s most prestigious race, the Blacks A Fake Championship, at Albion Park on July 22.

The video footage revealed Brisbane Broncos NRL centre and harness racing owner Kotoni Staggs was standing only metres from the fight but took no part in it.

Grimson told a stewards’ inquiry on Tuesday the forerunner to the brawl was repeated false accusations that he was a cheat, including several made by various people at Albion Park after he won the big race.

“Over the whole time (in the harness industry) I have been considered a drug cheat by integrity people and by people in the industry which has led to this,” Grimson told stewards.

“I have worked hard to get where I am, I started with nothing and then I get abused.

“All night I had comments made to me behind my back or in the toilet about me being a cheat.

“It builds up over time. It’s not just winning the Blacks A Fake, it’s before that people were saying that. Even at the presentation, people were dirty at me winning.”

The dramatic inquiry heard that the brawl started in the Creek Bar at Albion Park just after midnight when associates of Russo had allegedly taunted the Grimson clan with the cheating allegations.

Grimson claimed he only stepped into the fracas after allegedly seeing Russo strike driver Jack Callaghan and sensing his friend was “in danger”.

“He punched my mate, what was I supposed to do? Grimson asked stewards.

“When your friend is in trouble, you are going to do something about it.”

Sydney harness driver Jack Trainor was disqualified for three months after admitting throwing one punch at Russo.

Sydney owner Justin Downey, an associate of Grimson, was warned off for 12 months after pleading guilty in the inquiry to slapping Russo, the first act in a crazy series of events.

“I do deeply regret events that took place that night,” Downey told stewards.

“I apologise for what’s happened and I will cop what comes of it.”

The inquiry heard Russo started throwing punches after being struck by Downey and then Grimson grabbed Russo around the collar.

Russo, who said he ended up with “blood all over my face and a black eye”, will not be permitted on any racetrack for six months after being warned off by stewards.

Russo insisted he had never called Grimson a cheat, saying he did not follow harness racing and had only met Grimson once previously.

No criminal charges have been laid in relation to the incident.

Originally published as Star harness racing trainer Jason Grimson disqualified for 12 months over trots brawl - this appears to be the original Racenet article

+ Reply to Thread