Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Miracle Mile

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove

Miracle Mile

Last year my 10yo son and I travelled to Sydney for the Miracle Mile. He a huge Smoken Up fan. We had such a great time that we just booked to come up again.

He a huge harness racing fan too and just wondering if anyone knows of any places in Sydney that might interest him. Is there a harness racing museum there?

Last year he wanted to go look at Harold Park before it closed. So we went there on the Sunday morning and just wandered around for couple of hours. Then went to Randwick as he wanted to see the track. Security bloke let us in for a look and ended up taking us on a private tour of the whole complex (too good him!).

He more interested in the racing side than the hands on side eg. he used to help bag up the poo in the paddocks and sell it but now he watches me do it (but still collects the coins from the tin out the front). He going to be a manager when he grows up for sure!

Any suggestions?

Flashing Red
    No suggestions from me sorry - as you would know Victoria is the best place for racing history

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto
    Hi Paul

Not that I have been there but I'm quite sure Newcastle has a museum. If you wanted to check out the area you could combine it with a visit to the track which races most Friday nights, in any case here is their website http://www.newcastletrots.org.au/home.html

Regards

Mark

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Thank you Mark

Checked it out and you are right. There is a museum there. We heading up a couple of days earlier this year to have a look around and Newcastle now on the list. Thanks again!

Cheers

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Hi Paul,

I am sure Brian Hancock will not mind showing you around his stables one morning if you are interested in doing that.
    Let me know when the time gets closer and I will give you his number

Rgds
    Trevor

Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Gday Trevor
    Son said "That would be awesome".

Told him go look up Brian Hancock on computer but he already knew. Reeled off names I've never heard of!

Thank you very very much.
    Cheers
    Paul H

+ Reply to Thread