Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Queensland Derby Saturday night - what's your tip?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    What a snorefest of a race. What a run by Lanercost! WTF was Kylie Rassmussen doing on Mister GNP? Absolute shocker! Ashlee Seljka not much better.
    Couldn't of said it any better, A Siejka drove a horse much the same in the n.s.w derby heats i think it was and finished roughly the same distance back. K Turner had to do a driving course with R Hancock recently maybe it's Ashley's turn. I don't think i'll comment on K Rassmussen as admin won't be happy with my wording.

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Did anyone hear the presenter on Sky Racing refer to Lanercost "doing his best work late"? Seemed odd.

I've never seen Lanercost driven cold, look to get a cart up into the race and then let loose 3 and 4 wide. He's a terrific horse, but apart from the Derby and Breeders Crown Final where he led then took the sit behind the Kiwis, and the Aust Derby where he sat outside Reniassance Man, he's just about led every start.

How do people feel he would go driven back in the field? With his high speed off the gate he's always a chance to lead but in open company surely it would be good to see have another string to his bow?

Just a fans observation...interested in the thoughts of those close to the horse/in the industry.

Cheers

Flashing Red
    One of his assets is his brilliant gate speed. That wins a lot of horses a lot of races, it is a wonderful quality to have. However, it is harder to win if you can't get the lead and can't get your own way. He didn't get his own way last night, mainly to the draw (ie couldn't use his brilliant gate speed) and he got beat. But sometimes a horse's greatest run is when they do get beat and what a mighty run he put in last night. Run of the race by head and shoulders. I also seem to find that good 2yos and 3yos, once they hit open class they find it harder to lead (and therefore win). Grand Circuit normally sees no horse win out of turn, barriers are so important.

Member Filly DAZZA will become famous soon enough DAZZA's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    No doubt he'd go good with a sit but Darrel obviously beleives hes the best horse in the race and drives him that way. He was the run of the race the other night, the work he did was ridiculous. He still beat Torque In Motion home which to me says he went awesome. Luke outdrove them, simple as that, while everyone else was going mad he just sat back. His horse only didnt have cover for about 150m of the race. I think Kylie was of the opinion that Mister GNP would get the front from Mega Alexandra which I think she should if you look at Mega Alexandra's recent form. Worst drive of the race was easily sjeickas (however you spell it) just simply got in the road. One thing that did pop to mind with Kylie Rassmussen ,,, drives Mister GNP like that but I still think her drive on Blackie was another shocker again!!! 30.3 down the back???? Just let the other horses into the race! Once she launched him I throught good we're going to see him high ball the whole way and leave them for dead. Bring Natalie back. If Washakie had not of galloped and she went that slow down the back she would have got beaten and everyone would have had to listen to the "oh my god Blacks A Fake should be retired story all over again." Dont take much notice of Heza Bussin's run, the 30 quarter down the back let him into the race and what horse of that class cant run home in 27. He did no work. Blackie draws the front again and leads next week, lights out Natalie will let him run.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    On a night of some truly dreadful driving , the drive on Blackie was awful. What was she thinking ? She seemed to do everything possible to get him beaten and I will be glad when she is no longer the driver.

Member Filly DAZZA will become famous soon enough DAZZA's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    Quote Originally Posted by ozninja View Post
    On a night of some truly dreadful driving , the drive on Blackie was awful. What was she thinking ? She seemed to do everything possible to get him beaten and I will be glad when she is no longer the driver.
    AMEN! She drove him like a weak horse who can run one quarter. Someone should have reminded her she was sitting behind a machine.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    The horse won didn't he you don't have to empty the tank every run do you if she had of went harder up the back Karloo Mick might have got closer
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    I vote that she never be allowed within 100 metres of Blackie ever again. With all those horrible driving efforts of others on the night it's hard to say which was the worse.

She drove to lose. She probably did not mean too , but I think if you spoke to her after the race (as several did) she had to admit that it was hardly her best drive.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Blackie is starting to mix his form a little; he is no longer the invincible champion that he was a few seasons ago. Both trainer and driver are aware of that fact and I must be the only one to think that K.Rassmussen drove a great race. Once Washakie broke gear and was out of the race she new she could dictate to her terms. She gave him a comfortable run in front and why bust the horses gut for a 14,000 dollar race.

+ Reply to Thread