Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2013-2015 Inters

Junior Member Foal gold-ace will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    LOC..wouldnt having heats spread around the country give you a better opportunity to see the top line horses? but imo the biggest positive of the new series is the the boost it will give for the 2nd tier horses, as we saw in NZ when that level drops away the series is pretty much treading water hoping the big guns draw each other to prevent a whitewash

the hunter cup is the best race of the calendar, long distance, good lead up races and handicapped = perfect big race

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Of Courage View Post
    Hello All,

I miss the old 3 heats and a final format. Gave you many opportunities to see your favourite horse race over several nights. To me it epitomises what the standardbred is all about : speed and toughness.
    Strongly agree with your every word.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Of Courage View Post
    Hello All,

I miss the old 3 heats and a final format. Gave you many oppurtunities to see your favourite horse race over several nights. To me it epitomises what the standardbred is all about : speed and toughness.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by gold-ace View Post
    LOC..wouldnt having heats spread around the country give you a better opportunity to see the top line horses? but imo the biggest positive of the new series is the the boost it will give for the 2nd tier horses, as we saw in NZ when that level drops away the series is pretty much treading water hoping the big guns draw each other to prevent a whitewash

the hunter cup is the best race of the calendar, long distance, good lead up races and handicapped = perfect big race
    No; I believe these 'heats' are called FFAs and race for about $20'000 every Friday/Saturday/Sunday night in each state 52 weeks of the year!
    I don't really get what you mean re your comment on 2nd teir horses.
    In WA Imthemightyquinn will win barring bad luck in a hands down contest, Smoken Up will 'probably' win in Vic but then its just russian roulette depending on where trainers choose to go. A horse like Villagem who is deserving of a final spot may have to go to South Aust or Tasmania to get away from Smoken Up meaning the Vic race is weakened; if this plan goes ahead HRV may as well book the boat with 10 stalls and find a 10horse float to take away to Globe Derby; they can pick up a couple NSWelshman at the border!

Member Yearling Shakamaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by gold-ace View Post
    Ironic statement given that the Hunter Cup no longer attracts the very best horses to it.

The field for the Miracle Mile and the Victoria Cup in recent years has easily surpassed the quality and depth in the Hunter Cup.

Junior Member Foal ITMQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    couldnt hold my tongue at that comment shakamaker...

is ITMQ not a good horse??? soon to be winner of the interdominion
    stunin cullen actually beat smoken up in the ballarat cup the start before the hunter cup before going amiss with his throat issues
    smiling shard runs 4th in inter final

blacky won in 2008
    mr feelgood 2009
    sting lika bee 2007
    elsu 2005

its a HANDICAP race shakamaker, which means its a tough race to be dominated year after year (i think blossom lady, pure steel the only horses to go back to back) furthermore i think pre post markets go up soonest for hunter cup which means its a positive race from a betting point of view

nat
    Ditto ITMQ

The Hunter Cup is my favorite race of the year, there are 4 race to watch every year NZ Cup, Miracle Mile, Hunter Cup and the Inter Dominion I attempt to be at the Hunter Cup and Breeders Crown each year ( could be surpassed by the Redwood Day attending my first one this week)

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    nat - You can't beat the atmosphere at a Redwood Day. Good luck , hope you back plenty of winners :-)

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    I have many favourite carnivals I like watching but my favourites are as you stated Nat, The Hunter Cup, NZ Cup, Miracle Mile and Inters. They are true tests of speed and endurance. Every horse that ever gets to win such a race is a champion for having won it.

+ Reply to Thread