Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 9:47 pm at Bathurst tonight Buster- I'm throwing it out there

triplev123
    Depends on the track, the class of horse and the race tempo. The way that a certain 'recently besmirched upon this forum' Trainer/Driver from Menangle drives said track has slowly devloped into a thing of beauty. Over the years I've been very critical of his efforts on smaller circuits & it took a while for both him and a lot of others for that matter to work it all out...but I think he has Menangle pinned down now. Patience & timing. I very much admire those qualities, for the most part because I have neither.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Apart from leader and leaders back, and sometimes even 3rd on the peg, 1out1back is the best spot to be. It just gets abused - you are in prime position to be the first to pull out yet drivers think, "I'm close to the leaders I dont need to pull out yet". Its driven defencively yet needs to be driven attackingly. Constantly you see horses 4 and 5 back in the running line being driven attackingly and coming out; the drivers in the 1-1 and to a lesser extent 1-2 need to be more attacking rather then a wait and see mentality. (of course you need the horsepower to be attacking though). Its a pet peeve of mine the shocking driving from the 1-1 position.
    It depends where you are. 3/4 of the races here, the 1st horse 3 wide is almost up to the leaders at the winning post with a lap to go. If you are going to pull out of the 1-1 a lap out, you mays well have not handed up the death in the first place. Better 2 wide the last lap than 3. The 3 wide train does not seem to come up as soon as say NSW. Many races in NSW the 1-1 horse doesn't have to pull out til halfway down the back straight. That isn't too bad. But here in Qld, it is one of the worst spots to be. Most of the time you will never see a horse with a chance in the 1-1. On a side, that's something I don't like about Qld racing. We will still have a 3 wide train with only a 6 runner race! Why? :P

aussiebreno
    Yep - I understand cicrumstances and races are different and there is only sometimes when pulling out from the 1-1 can/should happen but you just dont see it at all.

triplev123
    Still waiting for a PM from you about that filly Buster. She's waiting for you and ready to go.

+ Reply to Thread