Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Big Guns

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    last 2 will be fav's and short, first one might be backable with turnbulls in it - but with luke driving them they will have plenty of tab outlet money on them
    unfotunately last one will be scratched. Nothing major will have to wait for another 2 weeks or so

Luke wont be driving. Ben Sarina will be as Luke is going to be in NZ

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Mightymo

Ben Sarina will do the job, i'd like to see him drive a bit more as he goes good.

triplev123
    Speaking of Drivers...how about the steer Greg Sugars gave Sushi Sushi in NZ?
    Very, very polished, great hands, a great judge of pace.

btw, I know I've said it before but how much does that colt look like his Dam?

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Triple

Didn't see her race but i was at a friends for dinner fri night and thats exactly what he said.

buster
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    unfotunately last one will be scratched. Nothing major will have to wait for another 2 weeks or so

Luke wont be driving. Ben Sarina will be as Luke is going to be in NZ
    And according to the results your girl in WA won her trial by 500 metres

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hey Triple

Didn't see her race but i was at a friends for dinner fri night and thats exactly what he said.
    I made a point of going to see her first start...it was at Bankstown in this bloody awful dust storm on a terrible windy night, September 8th, 1992...and she absolutely bolted in, BPH in the bike. At the time I think she was still only a 2yo by years/months/weeks/days but she was in against the 3yos+. I remember going have a look at her in the stables before the race & all I could see was this big, black thing silhouetted against the redish dusty sky. I can still clearly see that vision in my head now, like it was yesterday.
    She should have won the 1993 Miracle Mile but could not get out from behind Chokin who walked in 2:00.0. She was pulling triple and would have killed them had she seen daylight. Another big night was when her owner, Trevor Swan, drove her to take out the Newcastle Mile by a neck over Our Sir Vancelot. A wonderfully talented mare.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Where would i find some old footage of this mare racing.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    sometimes they dont worry about margins, but she obviously had a lap on them!

She will race on Sat at GP

triplev123
    Have to make a correction Mango. I spoke to Trevor this morning said she was closer to a 4yo when she started racing. I always thought she was at least a year behind them. He said he would have liked to have raced her earlier but she took so long to get to the races because she was a real handful, kept smashing up jog carts and race bikes. As for footage of her racing, I have no idea. I have looked on Youtube but nothing there. Maybe Harbour TV would have some in their archives ? Very nice people to deal with. Their phone number is 0246 571 483.

+ Reply to Thread