+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Logging in

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)

Logging in

Hello to the SOB who has been attempting to sign in using my name.
    One question?Why

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    I'm assuming the forum software let you know about that which is good. But if anybody's accounts do get hacked email me using the email address you registered with, sales (AT) harnesslink (dot com).

justdoit, it's possible it's just automated bots that roam the interweb so it might not necessarily be personal
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Thank you admin,
    yes I get sent the IP address.

triplev123
    It's probably cold comfort but that has been happening to me from time to time.
    I go to log in for the 1st time on a given day and it tells me I've used up my incorrect log in quota or something like that and that I have to wait 15 mins.
    Maybe that's what is going on with Buster ? He's in fact an automated & notably rather controversial 'bot' roaming the web, searching for Chat Rooms in which to make outlandish claims?

Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Hmm that's a little strange, I'll ask somebody more technical than I to have a look at the logs.

triplev123
    Don't get too much in a spin Admin. My wireless Net connection periodically drops out like a Cello Player in a Marching Band. That could also be the problem.

aussiebreno
    I stay logged in so dont have that problem, in fact I got the reverse (well not a problem at all)...I am in need of a new laptop, it overheats and turns itself off (ok theres a problem)...when I turn it back on all the websites I go to have forgotten my login ID and I need to sign in again. Not this forum though; keeps me signed in regardless!

Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I stay logged in so dont have that problem, in fact I got the reverse (well not a problem at all)...I am in need of a new laptop, it overheats and turns itself off (ok theres a problem)...when I turn it back on all the websites I go to have forgotten my login ID and I need to sign in again. Not this forum though; keeps me signed in regardless!
    Two possible solutions but neither are as good as getting a new laptop. You could try a different browser which might not remove the cookies websites use to save passwords, firefox or chrome are infinitely better than IE if you don't already use them.

Or you could use roboform, I've used it in the past when I needed to save a lot of data for data entry type stuff. It's a bit of a hassle but it might be slightly less hassle then what you're dealing with now.

</tech support>

aussiebreno
    Cheers Admin, downloaded Chrome just then. Lets see what happens....sadly Id rather wait and see but that wont happen; it hasnt overheated today which means its going to happen very soon! .... does Auckland Reactor sponsor a laptop by any chance :lol:

+ Reply to Thread