Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lennytheshark...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt

Lennytheshark...

Retired, stud arrangements being finalised.

Thanks Lenny and connections, a great competitor and drawcard for the sport. May there be plenty of little sharks in the future....

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/s...2b9832c5475ac9

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    He looked a star in the making to me when he ran second in his heat of the NSW derby, that said he subsequently did quite a bit more in that department than I envisaged at the time despite his lack of a "turn of foot"... it will very very interesting to see how he (a) is welcomed by the commercial breeders, and (b) actually performs as a sire, I had doubts about his own sire making the grade here in the southern hemisphere because he appeared from what I had seen to be a bit of a "grinder" and yes that seems to be the strong suit of his offspring, but our style of racing here has changed so much over the last 10 years or so that "grinders" are becoming more successful than ever before.

Time will tell and I wish the horse and his connections every success!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Stud details released for Lenny, Empire Stallions@$5500

Must say the pricing is a big disappointment in light of the claims that Lenny is the horse of the people. At a time when we desperately need more horses being bred and we have a homegrown champion who doesn't incur the $80,000 odd in shuttle costs it appears those claims only apply to his racing career and that Martin Riseley has a short memory.

Martin Riseley
    @Chisley
    ·
    Jun 5
    Dad and I are excited to confirm that Lennytheshark has been retired to Stud. What a ride it’s been and we can’t wait to see what Lenny can produce as a stallion on the back of his magnificent racing career, we hope that everyone can experience what it’s like to own a shark!

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    He is advertised at $4950 now !

+ Reply to Thread