Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yarra Glen Cup Day review

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Yarra Glen Cup Day review

Our own Harvey would have to be super happy with the super gutsy win by his 3yo filly Shadow Flag in R.3 rating 1.55.3 death seating the whole way - less than a sec outside the Tk Rec

Congratulations to the track staff too who obviously had the circuit in top nick as the fast times kept coming

Kvintet Avenger broke the Tk Rec in the Trotters Cup

High Tech Fury was not much more than a sec outside the 2150m Rec rating 1.56.9 (how did he go around at nearly 40/1 after breaking the Stawell Tk Rec last week?)

Smudge Bromac took a massive 2.2 sec off the 2650 SS Tk Rec winning the Cup

and we saw the third sub 1.56 for the day in the last

Blake Redden did very well to tip 12.22% of the Quaddie for $80 and a return of $712

Well done Yarra Valley

I think since changing from Sundays to Fridays has attracted really good fields

(I was going to check this out but I cannot find the YV/YG Cup in HRA's chronicles - any ideas Kyle?)

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...G121214&ms=vic
    Last edited by Messenger; 12-12-2014 at 09:25 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Not sure where the results would be Kev but the Classicfamilies.net I got this. A few good ones have won it, particularly when it was part of the strong Monday circuit years ago - the Cup was run on Easter Sunday for a few years before they gave away that slot to Warragul.

I think they have been doing okay with Christmas bookings at this time of year but the gallops meet they run on a Friday (maybe next week) attracts a much bigger crowd of bookings.
    Attached Images

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    Not sure where the results would be Kev but the Classicfamilies.net I got this. A few good ones have won it, particularly when it was part of the strong Monday circuit years ago - the Cup was run on Easter Sunday for a few years before they gave away that slot to Warragul.

I think they have been doing okay with Christmas bookings at this time of year but the gallops meet they run on a Friday (maybe next week) attracts a much bigger crowd of bookings.
    Some pretty smart horses amongst the previous winners Kyle.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    The Chocolates won it on Easter Sunday after the actual winner tested positive for Blue Magic.

I think it was Blakey (or maybe Karlsruhe) that beat Blacks A Fake that particular year also when it was run in February. Race has moved around the calendar a bit.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    The Chocolates won it on Easter Sunday after the actual winner tested positive for Blue Magic.

I think it was Blakey (or maybe Karlsruhe) that beat Blacks A Fake that particular year also when it was run in February. Race has moved around the calendar a bit.
    Thanks for all this Kyle - when do you think it became a preXmas friday - much before 2012?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    YARRA VALLEY Cup Winners

http://classicfamilies.net/cf/Classi...px?RaceID=1982

Vic Yarra Valley Pacers Cup - (There are 38 results.)
    Year Name
    2014 Smudge Bromac
    2013 Savesomtimetodream
    2012 Mustang Mach
    2011 Glenferrie Alexis
    2010 Flyin Interstate
    2009 Jaccka Clive
    2008 Im Mark Antony
    2007 Karlsruhe
    2006 Blakey
    2005 Tromos
    2004 Canique
    2003 The Chocolates
    2002 Flip A Dollar
    2001 Lavros Skipper
    2000 Show of Hands
    1999 Taxing Times
    1998 Breenys Fella
    1997 No Equal
    1996 Kildonnan
    1995 Newsbreaker
    1994 Nicholas Branach
    1993 Odds Torado
    1992 Surmo Way
    1991 Transit Lane
    1990 Allan Grant
    1989 Trevs Choice
    1988 Bronski Beat
    1986 Telern Tim
    1985 Ima Orphan
    1984 Gosh
    1983 Spyglass
    1982 Sea Faring
    1981 Bring Me Flowers
    1980 The Von
    1979 Drouin Flyer
    1978 Sunray
    1977 Mark Radium

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You gotta love ClassicFamilies Noel
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Warragul took Easter Sunday in 2006 and they went to a Summer slot after that. I would say possibly 2010 was the first December one.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Re Classic Families.....the amount of research that Ron Groves and John Peck have put into CF, building on what the late Ian Daff had done is amazing.
    Check out the records of some of the stars of the early 20th C...ie Grand Voyage and Adelaide Direct for instance: http://www.classicfamilies.net/CF/Hi...rseID=10007669
    They certainly saw a lot of Australia and New Zealand!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Funny you mention Ian Daff, Noel. Until I discovered CF, I had planned to put Ian's Black Book onto a database and after I my first copy of the book went up in smoke I was desperate to get another copy (which I did and still treasure) but then I found CF. Imagine how much typing I saved myself LOL
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread