Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Fantastic to see the Cobalt myth and all its advocates slowly starting to fall.

https://www.g1x.com.au/news/racing/b...efamation-case

I really cannot stand the biased opinions of Patrick Bartley.

https://www.g1x.com.au/news/racing/t...he-cobalt-case

I cannot help but wonder, that considering the outcome of Kavanagh/O'Brien case and that the large majority of Cobalt convictions were prior to an approved test method that sometime in the near future HRNSW and HRSA are likely to face a significant compensation law suit some time in the future. I think that HRNSW or their representatives have forgotten that in enforcing the rules, everyone should expect that there should be fairness in creating, implementing and enforcing the rules. By not using an approved testing method surely they have failed to fulfill this obligation. It does irritate me that some participants have done knowingly tried to cheat and now they have an avenue to possibly get compensation but by not completing the testing in an approved manner, surely HRNSWs actions are no better than the cheats.

Also what ever happened to the Argon Gas conspiracy. This was the next big thing after Cobalt but it seems to have died a silent death?
    No test for Xenon or Argon gas so what can you do?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

I cannot help but wonder, that considering the outcome of Kavanagh/O'Brien case and that the large majority of Cobalt convictions were prior to an approved test method that sometime in the near future HRNSW and HRSA are likely to face a significant compensation law suit some time in the future. I think that HRNSW or their representatives have forgotten that in enforcing the rules, everyone should expect that there should be fairness in creating, implementing and enforcing the rules. By not using an approved testing method surely they have failed to fulfill this obligation. It does irritate me that some participants have done knowingly tried to cheat and now they have an avenue to possibly get compensation but by not completing the testing in an approved manner, surely HRNSWs actions are no better than the cheats.

Also what ever happened to the Argon Gas conspiracy. This was the next big thing after Cobalt but it seems to have died a silent death?
    Global warming would have to be a myth too Jack
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    This VCAT decision should not affect other cobalt cases. If you read the whole verdict the judge was satisfied that labs didn't need to be accredited to test for cobalt. The rules of racing say they must be tested by 'Official" labs and these labs were official. RV lost because they didn't follow their own rule (AR 178D) . They were supposed to inform the trainers as soon as they had 2 confirmed positive tests. But they didn't, they let the trainers keep racing other horses and got more positive tests. Because they breached their own procedures the judge declared all the tests as inadmissible. It had nothing to do with the labs not being accredited to test for cobalt.
    If the harness racing stewards have followed correct procedures then the convictions will stand. jjjjj.JPG
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes

Argon, Xenon...keep listening to and reading the journos other than Patrick Bartley, am sure they'll have a sympathetic view "just getting an edge" and I'll get my stradivarius out again...only one string left after listening to "poor" O'B Moods and Kav

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Argon, Xenon...keep listening to and reading the journos other than Patrick Bartley, am sure they'll have a sympathetic view "just getting an edge" and I'll get my stradivarius out again...only one string left after listening to "poor" O'B Moods and Kav
    +1
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    A quick flick through the decision...I'll take RV into RV.
    Anyone want a bit of the litigation funding action for the KOB?
    first leg in.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    first leg in.
    ????????????????????????????????

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    ????????????????????????????????
    https://rsn.net.au/racing-victoria-s...balt-decision/

Racing Victoria (RV) has today submitted an application seeking leave to appeal to the Court of Appeal of the Supreme Court of Victoria against the decision of the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) on 17 March 2017, which upheld an appeal by licensed trainers Danny O’Brien and Mark Kavanagh.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    thank you

+ Reply to Thread