Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Lauren Panella

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Please stick to the topic and leave the personalities out of it.
    Thank you

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by golden balls View Post
    Your wrong i wasnt on was just stating the obvious that they would have finished 1 2 and thats a given, i know racing.
    You obviously know nothing about form as you have stated theres no run if there is a quick 3rd qtr!!! WRONG!!!!!!
    With a quick 3rd qtr this takes awa anyone making significant ground out wide allowing only opportunities for horses placed along the inside... this can clearly be seen by many quick 3rd qtr Panella drives. Since you dont do the form Ill forgive you for not knowing this.

Im a professional form student so leave it to me kid, you stick to what your good at Grape Picking thats what they do in the Hunter Valley isnt it???
    Peter if you were the professional from student you claim to be you would know the 3rd quarter at Newcastle is run virtually in a straight line with minimal turns involved, the track lends itself therefore, to many drivers allowing their horse to slip along a bit quicker than is ideal and hence start to get a bit more tired than ideal at around ther 300 mark, which is usually an ideal spot to get out from behind the leader....I know this not from picking grapes our pretending to myself that I know racing...I know this because I have driven a few winners at Newcastle and many of those coming off the leaders back.
    This characteristic of the track also enables horses further back to improve their position in the 3rd quarter with less effort than at a lot of other circuits, again making it more difficult to get off the leaders back at the right time.
    I have no idea how long you have been an "expert" on harness form, but you might need to do a bit more homework on your assessment of racing at Newcastle, funny you didn't mention how wrong I was about you never having been in a bike or any of the other points I mentioned about why Kylie might not have handed up.

Some punters and form students get a bit peeved when a race doesn't pan out the way they see it and get upset, people who have sat in the bike and done it a few times come to the understanding that it's a race and the plan A you had can quickly turn to plan B ....plan C or.... bugger it we'll just have to wing it, ask a few drivers if I'm wrong here, thats if you know any.
    Last edited by Danno; 11-13-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: spelling

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by golden balls View Post
    no it wasnt, who wouldnt have been mad at someones incompetence, it was the slightest bump if anything at all she hardly even touches her was just accidental. If i dont do my job properly ill be reprimanded maybe Panella was just given her a reprimand as she new the stewards would not do anything as they have no idea about racing and have no idea what was going on in that race. There the real discrsce.
    Watch the replay there is absolutely nothing in it at all the horse barely touches kylie at all you get worse than that during harness races everyday. Too be fair are we now going to rub out every driver thats horse touches a fellow riders helmet half the drivers at melton would have been rubbed out... the horse on panellas outside drifts in they are at a walking pace by this stage.
    By the next menangle meeting we will have no drivers left. The stewards shpuld be doing there real job and finding out why the race wa run like it was who cares about a small tap on the helmet which was completely innocent and accidental.
    Do the right job stewards although that can be hard when they are not experienced racing form entusiasts
    I've just watched the replay again and with regards to the highlighted above, you're kidding yourself. You could've got another horse between Panella's and the horse outside of her. If anything the outside horse was moving further away.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Tried to stay on the sidelines here but on this one Mr Parker you are way off beam. Have you got some sort of axe to grind here?

+ Reply to Thread