+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: let me thru

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Did Skyvalley and Let Me Thru ever meet? Skyvalley was slightly disappointing in his final Inter campaign shortly before his retirement, was he 100% sound at the time or were his legs already causing issues?

Terrific race all round, I thought everything fell into place perfectly for Let Me Thru, great drive and I still think the established champ is the better horses at this stage looking towards the Inters.

Nice to see the old boy Acacia Ridge run his best race for some time, and Down Unders Muscles, well he has a dazzling turn of foot but when his sprint has ended it really does end quickly.

I still rate the Kiwi I Can Doosit a big chance back on his home soil...what about the rest of the Kiwis? Any thoughts?

Cheers

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Not really into trotters either but skyvalley had that x-factor about him, i watched him at melton a few years back on breeders crown day i think it was and when he opened up comming for home i couldn't believe how smooth he looked in he's gait and was such a beautifull looking horse to match. It was good to see that he served around 100 mare's in his first season.

Junior Member Weanling scottbarnard will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown

superstar?

I laugh at all of these experts on trotting labelling horses superstar, etc. None of these "superstars" rate with the greatest trotter of them all - Maori's Idol. You're probably too young to have witnessed the deeds of this real superstar. Do yourself a favour and try to watch the champ in action on tape. Might be difficult as there is only limited footage still around. No other square trotter measures up.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by scottbarnard View Post
    I laugh at all of these experts on trotting labelling horses superstar, etc. None of these "superstars" rate with the greatest trotter of them all - Maori's Idol. You're probably too young to have witnessed the deeds of this real superstar. Do yourself a favour and try to watch the champ in action on tape. Might be difficult as there is only limited footage still around. No other square trotter measures up.
    Who the F called anyone a superstar and you who are you to talk calling Fox Valley Appeal a legend?

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Plenty of footage of old Maori's still around, the Australasian Harness Racing DVD Set released a year or so ago has a whole segment on him, featuring many of his great wins, his clashes with Rip Van Winkle and the other great pacers of the time up in Queensland, and the painful defeat in the 78 ID Grand Final.

Wonder how long you'd get for a drive like the one Healy produced in the GF these days??

Great horse but nothing wrong with getting excited about the newer stars, the ID series coming up should be a cracker with the Aussies taking on the home of the trotters in their own backyard.

Real Name
    Unknown

Maori's Idol appreciation society

Great to see that there are others who appreciate the great horse. Thanks Village Kid for the information on the DVD set.

buster
    let me thru is only just coming up against the best horses
    sundons gift has smashed every horse off the track since he reached the top

i dont know how much better they have to go to be labelled superstars??? and a superstar is not the same as a champion (which MI is)

Real Name
    Unknown
    I agree Buster, but both terms are probably used too frequently. Good to see that you too have an appreciation of the square trotter. It's unfortunate that the people who run the Inter Dominion don't have the same appreciation as they intend to scrap the Inter Dominion Trotting Championship. One reason given was that having a pacing and trotting championship together confuses people. Unbelievable, don't you think?

buster
    i quite enjoy the trotters scott, also im happy to bet on them as well, the standing starts and way the races are written/handicapped are quite good imo even though most people dont like them

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    A champion or great horse, no matter what it's breeding happens to be are awesome to watch.

I prefer trotters. Who would be the best free legged pacer ever?

+ Reply to Thread