Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Klondike Kid

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons

Klondike Kid

Hi Everyone,
    Has anyone seen a foal from Klondike Kid? And if you have what did you think of it? Also what do you think
    would be a good cross with it. Thanks.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Don
    I havn't seen any and he only served 52 the first year and 24 the second year so even when they race it will be hard to see which cross will work, but looking at he's breeding i think he would suit C-C mare's as Klondike Kid is out of a Direct Scooter mare and C-C is by In The Pocket who in turn is by Direct Scooter. I could be way off the mark but i wouldn't be afraid to give it a go.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hey thanks Mango. I have a Falcon Seelster mare who qualified and only had one race start. While I have trained a few I have always brought cheap from the sales with a bit of success but I really want to breed off this mare as she had a heap of speed but was always getting injured. As I would be breeding to race I thought Klondike might be worth a punt.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Don
    If i had a Falcon Seelster mare and wanted to breed to race and keep my cost down i'd give Extreme Three a go, he is a full brother to Mach 3 and i've seen some pics of his foals and they seem to be nice types and Falcon mare's to M3 have produced G 1 winners Fiery Falcon and Mach and Me who was retired recently due to a rotated pedal bone. So there's another option for you to have a look at.

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    I agree with Extreme Three - leaving some very nice types

We have one we are very happy with

Junior Member Weanling Beecow will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brian Cowley
    Occupation
    Writing.
    A friend bred a Klondike Kid foal last year and said he looked the pick of a batch of more than a half a dozen foals last season. He is a big, strong, well-grown colt and, if he is an indication of what Klondike Kid can produce, he should have a few friends. Does Klondike Kid not have maternal connections to Ponder?

Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hi Guys thanks for all your input and after a lot of pondering I have sent my mare to Artiscape. I saw a Extreme Three the other day and looked a lovely foal so I will be keeping an eye on them all.

+ Reply to Thread