Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Muscle Massive (Prematurely) Retired

triplev123
    I can't go past Muscle Hill. In the very same way as the on track brilliance and subsequent retirement of Christian Cullen spoilt racing for me for quite some time by way of it making me see everything that followed as pedestrian by comparison, I have never seen a Trotter that was as talented as effortlessly fast as Muscle Hill. That is one absolutely incredible horse.

Member Yearling jsday will become famous soon enough jsday's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    sales
    They have to do that with him because he isnt good enough to go with the older trotters and he most certainly not in the top 2 3yr olds either.....To race him would be to devalue him....

Junior Member Foal Vance Hanover will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Share Market
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    My fault for factoring in at least some level of assumed knowledge on your part there Mango.
    The Bill & Monte Show is of course Bill Robinson and Monte Gelrod, the two rather infamous and hopeless recidivist chemical offenders who basically co-trained Art Major to grow not only one leg but two after the horse left the barn of a real horseman in Chris Ryder. Incidentally whilst he was there...even on the best day of his life...the horse could not best Ryder's other trainee, McArdle.

As for the article above, it is yet another shameful example of someone with ZERO FINANCIAL STAKE in the outcome telling people who do what they should be doing with their horses.
    Not only have we seen the ridiculous idea of returning to limited books in the Southern Hemisphere raise its empty head but on top of that now some feel it necessary to tell the owners of these top three-year-old colts that they should be racing them on at 4-5-6+. What a terrific outcome those two pearler ideas would serve to produce. A given horse races on until he's 7-8 or even 9 or 10 and then retires from the track to serve a book of 140 mares. That's going straight to the Pool Room.
    I do not know who this post belongs to but it is full of discraceful remarks about people that are not true. Who says that Chris Ryder is a real horseman. My experience is that he is not a real horseman. Sure he has been a decent trainer and had several decent horses but to compare him with Bill Robinson is a joke. Bill Robinson was and is probably the greatest horseman that ever lived. Chris Ryder is a trainer thats all. As for comparing horses I will leave that till later.

triplev123
    Not true? My friend, I fear that you've become delusional.
    Bill Robinson spent more time on the sidelines than Tony Siragusa for Fox Sport's NFL coverage.
    The greatest horseman who ever lived...indeed. Gimme a break.

Member Yearling jammsb will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Perhaps the greatest chemist in the history of Harness Racing. Definitely not the greatest horseman.

Junior Member Foal Vance Hanover will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Share Market
    No you are both wrong and delusional as he still is the greatest horseman that ever lived. I think I will start a thread just on Bill Robinson.

+ Reply to Thread