Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Went inside the last 5 marker pegs and still allowed to keep the race!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Went inside the last 5 marker pegs and still allowed to keep the race!

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#BNC09061806

The leader Bonus Play did just that - how can he keep the race?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Did Lang protest Kev?? I’m with you on this one, Should have been DQ’d

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Just watching on Trots vision there seemed to me to be some urgency to declare correct weight as they had a rug out on the track almost immediately and were wanting to do a presentation. I think the stewards should also have protested
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    DQ’d might be a bit harsh but certainly relegated

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    The rule does say "may" rather then will be disqualified. He clearly went inside the pegs but didn't gain an advantage over the opposition which is presumably why he wasn't DQ. The horse has been sent back to the trials so I guess stewards attribute blame to the horse and not the driver as he wasn't fined. Perhaps the written report wil make it clearer.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    One side of me says "Does it matter?" when the horse has not gained an advantage while my athletics background remembers that putting one foot in another competitors lane means disqualification
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Rules are Rules Kev, Every man and their dog will start doing it it’s not policed properly

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There is a possibility that a bit of sentiment came into it (at least from Gavin) due to the circumstances of the trainer
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    If you don't go around that last red peg it needs to be automatic DQ. Leaving things up to stewards discretion just leads to controversy and damages the image of the sport.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    If you don't go around that last red peg it needs to be automatic DQ. Leaving things up to stewards discretion just leads to controversy and damages the image of the sport.
    I was sent an interesting email on this topic and it got me thinking that not leaving it up to the stewards discretion could lead to more controversy.
    If a driver wanted to throw a race, all he would have to do is go inside the pegs - sinister thinking I know but it could happen
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread