Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Inter Dominion

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't suppose you could sack your own son for Chris Alford
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Nice one Kev, but a real bummer that the shark is out

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I don't suppose you could sack your own son for Chris Alford
    Has Josh put a foot wrong on Hector? Really Kev??

Thank god they didn't kick Chris Lewis of Carclew
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHK6jBiDq6U

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post

Before this series he has. This series has just been a sit and steer job.
    If Lenny was out of the series 6 months ago no doubt Alford would have been asked for the drive on Hector.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Before this series he has. This series has just been a sit and steer job.
    If Lenny was out of the series 6 months ago no doubt Alford would have been asked for the drive on Hector.

We're talking about Josh's drives on Hector, condemned for the 2nd at Yarra Glen? Even Kev thought the odds were against him. What did you think of Chris's drive on Lenny last week? From this draw maybe Chris is thinking "phew TGIF I'm not on Hector".

All the best to all the competitors, hope it's a great, clean race, whoever is the victor.
    Last edited by arlington; 12-09-2016 at 10:47 AM.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    This thorough answer has been sent to me Phil, I trust you will enjoy it

"Don't know what the formal qualifications of a "pedigree expert" are but here are my suggestions as to why Our Jerichos performance exceed what most people would expect from his ( immediate ) pedigree.

Whilst Tesio never actually revealed what he looked for in selecting matings subsequent analysis of the pedigrees of the champions he bred showed that they all exhibited sex balanced line breeding to superior siblings usually in generations 4 to 8 but often with further reinforcements even further back.

Looking for Tesios principles in Our Jerichos pedigree shows that like many of the New Zealand stock he has multiples of Scotland and his sister Rose Scot. More specifically Christjan Cullen has Knight Dream and his sister Marjorie Armstrong in his pedigree and many of his better stock have multiples of Knight Dream and his sire Nibble Hanover in their dams. Whilst Tomahawk doesn't appear to be one of his better ones ( though lack of success on the track isn't definative proof of lack of ability ) he also multiplies the Knight Dream influences frequently found in the better performed CC's, and no doubt in some lesser performed ones too

Our Jerichos dam is by Deal Direct who also adds more Knight Dream and his second dam is by Timely Knight who is a son of Sweet Dream who is a full sister to Knight Dream, thus Our Jerichos pedigree exhibits the Tesio principles of reinforced line breeding to superior siblings.

For those who follow Tesio principles what further adds to the potential potency of Our Jerichos pedigree in addition to the Knight Dream and his siblings is that Timely Knight is by Good Time and that Good Time over Knight Dream is repeated several times, and in one instance a son of Good Time over Knight Dream throughout Our Jericho, so the pedigree has multiples of near genetic siblings as well as actual siblings.

I don't think there has been any actuall statistical analysis on the position of a common ancestor on the sire line in stbs in general or on Direct Scooter in particular, but analysis from TBs indicate that the 4x3 position for a common ancestor on the sire line is quite favourable for performance and it's not unreasonable to think that that would hold true for stbs as well. Of course the analysis does pertain to sires who are considered superior sires and would probably not give the same results for inferior sires.

Of course Tesio principles are unproven science and correlation does not automatically mean causation so Our Jericho's apparent ability above what his immediate pedigree would suggest could simply be the result of the laws of genetic variation. "
    Pedigree experts was tongue in cheek, because anyone who thinks they have solved that riddle should consider booking themselves into an asylum.

I think finding reasons for Our Jericho's success would be endless and fruitless, because you could replicate it a dozen times without getting near the same result!

It is just great that a horse like this comes along from time to time to renew the faith that good horses can come from anywhere.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

aussiebreno
    We're talking about Josh's drives on Hector, condemned for the 2nd at Yarra Glen? Even Kev thought the odds were against him. What did you think of Chris's drive on Lenny last week? From this draw maybe Chris is thinking "phew TGIF I'm not on Hector".

All the best to all the competitors, hope it's a great, clean race, whoever is the victor.
    Johnathon Thurston, Gary Ablett, Andrew Johns, Wayne Carey, Chris Alford. Doesn't matter how good the other blokes are going you pick those 5 names first.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    ...you pick those 5 names first.
    But the owners didn't(?). The Inter Dom is exempt from loyalty, having faith in and living the dream?

From a betting perspective what odds Hector J Aiken v C Alford? Punting v value? Often amazes me how the less accomplished drivers get bagged, often for no good reason but "we" complain about short prices.

Not sure if C Alford didn't quote Herve Fillon somewhere recently. Something along the lines of "as drivers we get over acknowledged for the wins on great horses and bagged for the drives on poor horses".
    Still shaking my head at The Gauch getting dragged from El Segundo.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

I take your point Wayne and I would never have kicked MP off Prince of Penzance so if Josh has the same sort of relationship with Hector it is a no brainer, otherwise I just feel Chris has the runs on the board and a personna that says "Don't even think about it"
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    But the owners didn't(?). The Inter Dom is exempt from loyalty, having faith in and living the dream?

From a betting perspective what odds Hector J Aiken v C Alford? Punting v value? Often amazes me how the less accomplished drivers get bagged, often for no good reason but "we" complain about short prices.

Not sure if C Alford didn't quote Herve Fillon somewhere recently. Something along the lines of "as drivers we get over acknowledged for the wins on great horses and bagged for the drives on poor horses".
    Still shaking my head at The Gauch getting dragged from El Segundo.
    The owners put Gavin Lang on before Josh. If Chris wasn't tied up with Lenny he may have even got the look in before G Lang.

+ Reply to Thread