Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Australasian Breeders Crown- Semi finals and 4yr old heats:

Junior Member Weanling macca11 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brittany Graham

Australasian Breeders Crown- Semi finals and 4yr old heats:

I may be wrong but i cant see The Gold Ace in the semi final line up?

4yr old heats this Sunday, note the time change.

Member Filly montana will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dean Shannon
    Occupation
    unemployed
    maybe next year when he turns 4

Interesting racing tonight. I would only say great because the fields were very good but is Melton just one dimensional racing? I have always thought Melton to be a track where you quite simply have to be right on the top end otherwise you have no hope unless they go absolutely mental up front.

From the semis:

Magic Bliss had the good trail to win. I thought it went right off compared to its APG form but I think 3 over 3 would whip it with an even run. Waldenburg was frightfully impressive. Generally been driven cold at Menangle, but burnt out early and won easily in 1.56.2 which is stunningly fast for 2yo (I would think it would be nudging the track record?). Its all about the barrier draw which is a shame.

2yo fillies: Good to see the Kiwi star here. La Machane not disgraced in that semi while Shake It Mama relived its early season form with a sneaky win but that field looked poor and the favourite dropping right out. I reckon OIC is an out and out sit sprinter. Sometimes it doesn't work leading on them. $3.00 into $1.75 the punters didn't miss but the biggest surprise was Amy Tubbs not pushing out Secret Desire at all at the start. SD has missed the final. Can't see SIM troubling the other heat 1st and 3rd.

3yo CG: Sushi trackwork. What is so frightening with this horse is that he just does it so easily. He was bolting in that last qtr. I don't think the bottom has been found. In some ways I would like to see a barrier draw to force that to happen next week. Savesometimetodream bubble burst? Went too good last week to dismiss it off that run but it will be in the consolations. In the other heat: is Ian Dornauf a poor driver or is Royal Verdict a very hard horse to handle. Mustang Mach gifted the race but brilliant drive Alford, Caesars Folly went really well and showed it is up to the top grade racing but Excel Stride - he really is a star. He jogged in last week at MEnangle in 1.52.1 and did it on the bit. He is a different horse in front and if he finds the top next week he will give Sushi a big race. I reckon they will break 1.55 if ES leads and Sushi is forced to park. ES biggest problem is it seems to have high plodding speed if that makes sense. Not brilliant speed to pinch the front but then again with the barrier draws there could be some drivers very happy to gift the lead to ES. Going to make for a brilliant final if the barriers fall a certain way, otherwise its a Sushi benefit.

3yo fillies: Hasn't Tatiana Bromac found its true form recently. When it rolled up to the QLD and Australian Oaks it was nothing but an overrated squib. I think many people were asking how the hell did it run Carabella to a head in the Jewels. She has been fantastic last 3 starts and if she finds the top she should win. BUT, if Rainbow Dasher is drawn to lead I doubt Bucca will hand up especially after Rainbow Dasher went so well tonight. Aussie Made Lombo is feeling the pinch of having the arse raced out of her since day dot, and in all honesty Artistic Rainbow cannot possibly beat TB despite getting to 3m in the semi.

4yo tomorrow and barrier draws. Would love to see the barriers make some of the races really competitive.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Mile View Post
    Interesting racing tonight. I would only say great because the fields were very good but is Melton just one dimensional racing? I have always thought Melton to be a track where you quite simply have to be right on the top end otherwise you have no hope unless they go absolutely mental up front.

From the semis:

Magic Bliss had the good trail to win. I thought it went right off compared to its APG form but I think 3 over 3 would whip it with an even run. Waldenburg was frightfully impressive. Generally been driven cold at Menangle, but burnt out early and won easily in 1.56.2 which is stunningly fast for 2yo (I would think it would be nudging the track record?). Its all about the barrier draw which is a shame.

2yo fillies: Good to see the Kiwi star here. La Machane not disgraced in that semi while Shake It Mama relived its early season form with a sneaky win but that field looked poor and the favourite dropping right out. I reckon OIC is an out and out sit sprinter. Sometimes it doesn't work leading on them. $3.00 into $1.75 the punters didn't miss but the biggest surprise was Amy Tubbs not pushing out Secret Desire at all at the start. SD has missed the final. Can't see SIM troubling the other heat 1st and 3rd.

3yo CG: Sushi trackwork. What is so frightening with this horse is that he just does it so easily. He was bolting in that last qtr. I don't think the bottom has been found. In some ways I would like to see a barrier draw to force that to happen next week. Savesometimetodream bubble burst? Went too good last week to dismiss it off that run but it will be in the consolations. In the other heat: is Ian Dornauf a poor driver or is Royal Verdict a very hard horse to handle. Mustang Mach gifted the race but brilliant drive Alford, Caesars Folly went really well and showed it is up to the top grade racing but Excel Stride - he really is a star. He jogged in last week at MEnangle in 1.52.1 and did it on the bit. He is a different horse in front and if he finds the top next week he will give Sushi a big race. I reckon they will break 1.55 if ES leads and Sushi is forced to park. ES biggest problem is it seems to have high plodding speed if that makes sense. Not brilliant speed to pinch the front but then again with the barrier draws there could be some drivers very happy to gift the lead to ES. Going to make for a brilliant final if the barriers fall a certain way, otherwise its a Sushi benefit.

3yo fillies: Hasn't Tatiana Bromac found its true form recently. When it rolled up to the QLD and Australian Oaks it was nothing but an overrated squib. I think many people were asking how the hell did it run Carabella to a head in the Jewels. She has been fantastic last 3 starts and if she finds the top she should win. BUT, if Rainbow Dasher is drawn to lead I doubt Bucca will hand up especially after Rainbow Dasher went so well tonight. Aussie Made Lombo is feeling the pinch of having the arse raced out of her since day dot, and in all honesty Artistic Rainbow cannot possibly beat TB despite getting to 3m in the semi.

4yo tomorrow and barrier draws. Would love to see the barriers make some of the races really competitive.
    Savesomtimetodream......paddock!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    You forgot the drive on Abettorpunt of C Lewis absolutely rubbish i wonder what he was he doing ? Was in another land and the steward's only queried driving tactic's all he managed to do was get in the road of Excel Stride should have got time for it IMO
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Junior Member Weanling Frosty will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Terry Lewis
    Occupation
    Manager Department of
    Horses
    Frosty Lady, Abettorpunt, Master of Disg
    Abettorpunts run was the run of the race. He still finished 4th (and qualified for the final !) after racing 3 wide the trip. It was an "upside down " run race given that the driver of Royal Verdict sat 3 wide for so long. Lets wait and see what the draw for the final brings. I would not dismiss him as he is an electrifying sit sprint horse and it was not his go to race the way he did Friday night

Junior Member Yearling doubled123 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    You forgot the drive on Abettorpunt of C Lewis absolutely rubbish i wonder what he was he doing ? Was in another land and the steward's only queried driving tactic's all he managed to do was get in the road of Excel Stride should have got time for it IMO
    surely royal verdict was worse, held him 3 wide instead of taking cover and then abettor punt beat him home

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Every winner today was in front at the bell, with the exception of the 1st race where the leader dead heated with the horse on its back.

Granted most leaders were the best horse in the race but its still a remarkable statistic.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Yes it was a big day for leaders. I was really impressed with the development of David Hercules and think he will be one of the stars of future harness racing.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Congrat's to Montana, Mightymo and Toohard who all had horses race in the 4yr old semi's yesty with 2 of them getting winner's and the other one placing 2nd. All the best next wk guy's.

+ Reply to Thread