Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fair Start Rule

Junior Member Weanling Ponder will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown

Fair Start Rule

I think the US (or at least the Meadowlands) should adopt the same fair start rule that is used at Woodbine and Mohawk. It's ridiculous to have already lost your money 30 seconds before a race even starts (especially while others with the opportunity can still take advantage of the situation or cancel existing wagers).

Junior Member Foal trotter2229 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Horse Racing Consultant
    I agree it is so depressing to be out of the race before the starting gate leaves. Never mind the fair start pole, if your horse is off stride before the gate goes then it is not a fair start for the betting public. I agree with running the race the owners have to put up with the fact that the horse was off stride but the bettor should never suffer. In our business we should act like most businesses that want your business. All decisions should be in favor of the bettor.

Let's keep trying to bettor the sport.

Member Filly Allan will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Allan Schott
    It so happens the NJRC has a proposed rule under public comment which would implement the Fair Start rule in New Jersey. The public comment period ends November 6. If you think New Jersey should implement a fair start rule, there is a blog posting which has a sample letter you can send in with the address provided (no email allowed). You can find the blog entry with this information at http://viewfromthegrandstand.blogspo...-yourself.html
    Interested in Harness Racing? Read View From the Racetrack Grandstand

+ Reply to Thread