Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lauren Panella - Newcastle Herald

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    In racing, often success is fleeting and whilst many attempt to make a living out of harness racing, many fall by the wayside as the big dollars aren't there to sustain a large group. When opportunity knocks for a 19 year old to make a decent living out of the sport then they should grab it with both hands. As I said, success and the good times come and go. Panella can make a dollar now while she is at the top of her game then good luck to her. What would be sad is if we lost her to the thoroughbred code. She harbours an interest to become a jockey and her equestrian background and natural light weight make her a prospect if she heads that way.
    Ultimately her comments quoted in the article are open to interpretation. Jack sees them as arrogant and immature, many see them as forthright and confident. Either way loyalty is a two way street and I think that was the point she was trying to get across.
    Cheers

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Geez Fred, when you put it that way I see why Lauren does such a good job on Essbee Doubleyou, it sounds like she is harness racing SBW.

I am really not sure how anyone could possibly interpret that her comments are saying loyalty is a two way street. To start with I can not think of a horse that she has been sacked off, so surely she cannot be blowing up about that. As I have said, no one expects loyalty from anyone as this is racing. Its a business and people come and go, trainers, drivers and owners are in and out of favour thats just the way the industry rolls. But a little bit of grace, humility and dignity is all you need. These comments show zero.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Geez Fred, when you put it that way I see why Lauren does such a good job on Essbee Doubleyou, it sounds like she is harness racing SBW.

I am really not sure how anyone could possibly interpret that her comments are saying loyalty is a two way street. To start with I can not think of a horse that she has been sacked off, so surely she cannot be blowing up about that. As I have said, no one expects loyalty from anyone as this is racing. Its a business and people come and go, trainers, drivers and owners are in and out of favour thats just the way the industry rolls. But a little bit of grace, humility and dignity is all you need. These comments show zero.
    Your 9 comments in this thread say more about you than what Panella's comment say about her.

P.S VVV I loved your work earlier Remeniscent of much of your work pre the real names policy with buster and the like. Haven't lost it old man

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Brenno, great addition to the debate.

VVV, your comments are fantastic congratulations on the effort.

Might get a couple of my mates to pump up my own tyres. On reflection I am really not that pathetic.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Brenno, great addition to the debate.

VVV, your comments are fantastic congratulations on the effort.

Might get a couple of my mates to pump up my own tyres. On reflection I am really not that pathetic.
    [VVV] Oh dear...the pump up the tyres thing....it's our often referred to sayings that give us away Daryl. I thought you'd sold all of your horses & got out? Apparently not completely. Turns out I was spot on with the Cardigan thing. Imagine that eh?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by doinmabest View Post
    In racing, often success is fleeting and whilst many attempt to make a living out of harness racing, many fall by the wayside as the big dollars aren't there to sustain a large group. When opportunity knocks for a 19 year old to make a decent living out of the sport then they should grab it with both hands. As I said, success and the good times come and go. Panella can make a dollar now while she is at the top of her game then good luck to her. What would be sad is if we lost her to the thoroughbred code. She harbours an interest to become a jockey and her equestrian background and natural light weight make her a prospect if she heads that way.
    Ultimately her comments quoted in the article are open to interpretation. Jack sees them as arrogant and immature, many see them as forthright and confident. Either way loyalty is a two way street and I think that was the point she was trying to get across.
    Cheers
    [VVV] Right on the money Fred. Well said.

Closed Thread