Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Stewards Report Please...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Good luck to all in the SA Pacing Cup tonight especially Smoken Up and contrary to what you may think about what I have said about The horse in previous posts I really do think he is a great champion.
    In my humble opinion he is the only horse racing in the modern era that I would put in similar company to the great Pure Steel for sheer guts and determination.
    It would be befitting to see him win his fourth SA Cup.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Well put Brad, even the racecaller last night said " it was going to script". I think NSW is trying to stop it using the unacceptable drive charge plus the new COT.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Now that Mr. Cable is no longer sitting in the big chair many including myself simply hope for a fairer and more consistent application of both rules Bailey, as ridiculous...in and of itself...as the COT rule is.
    The recently tacked on pre-race interview of Trainers with multiple starters in a race merely adds to the abject absurdity of it all.
    I've been giving it some thought and I suggest that it be made a regulation that everyone must wear a plastic Groucho Marx glasses/eyebrows/nose and moustache combo...

in any and all such pre & post race meetings, the subsequent comedic apperances of all involved duly befitting of just such an occasion.

Real Name
    bailey martin
    VVV, as a general rule, I think COT meetings are silly but I suspect it is was introduced as a fix all to stop or limit team driving by the bigger stables. There so many variables from release point. You know the script, lead, hand up to the chosen one then wait for no3 to cover the death position. Walk up front, sprint home, go and collect.
    Or provide the runner to give the chosen one the ideal easy suck up.
    The hobby trainer has no hope and these are the guys and gals needed to keep the sport going.

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    Rod Smoken up is definetly a great champion and lets hope he gets that 4th S.A Cup.

Reading Pauls post below thats exactly what the industry needs going into the next generation of supporters. We need more people like Paul and his son.

Pauls post
    "This year sons 12th birthday falls on this Saturday. Couple of our favourite horses running in Bendigo Cup. Said to him we can have BBQ lunch birthday party for you. Then can drive up (just over an hour), go to the races and stay up there. Then drive home Sunday. "But Smoken Ups going to Adelaide dad". He'd rather sit in car for 9-10 hours (x2) and go watch him.

"I'll have to ask your mum"
    "I already asked her and she said OK"

"We ain't driving to Adelaide in 40 degree heat"
    "I checked already and only going to be 29 on Saturday"

"What about the other kids? Reckon they'll want to see you on your birthday"
    "I already asked them and they said OK if I buy them a present"

"I dunno he can win it this year. Caribbean Blaster going over for it"
    "It's not about winning, it's about supporting dad"

"What clown told you that?"
    "You did dad. Anything else to say dad?"

"Pack your bag boy. Go Trigger!!"

Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    VVV, as a general rule, I think COT meetings are silly but I suspect it is was introduced as a fix all to stop or limit team driving by the bigger stables. There so many variables from release point. You know the script, lead, hand up to the chosen one then wait for no3 to cover the death position. Walk up front, sprint home, go and collect.
    Or provide the runner to give the chosen one the ideal easy suck up.
    The hobby trainer has no hope and these are the guys and gals needed to keep the sport going.
    Race 5 Menangle....slower than the MO.....tactics .....see above

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Race 5 Menangle....slower than the MO.....tactics .....see above
    Looked a bit ordinary didn't it???

by the way can anyone tell me the motive for all these owners all of a sudden giving Belinda McCarthy their horses to train?? I mean she may well be a very proficient trainer, it's just mostly people GRADUALLY get the kudos sufficient for a bunch of ( on the surface ) unrelated owners to entrust them with their A class livestock, but Belinda seems to be breaking a few records in that respect and for the life of me the reasons don't appear that obvious.

Real Name
    bailey martin
    Dan, a few are doing this now, not being the trainer Luke can drive outside horses ie his Dads and secondly if another swab problem or training problem was to occur, Luke is free to still drive.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    As someone who had a horse in the race, Im interested to know what you would have liked to happen? Did you want Franco Jamar to hold the lead and then be battered into submission by Excel Stride and Washakie? Did you want to Sixpence to hold the breeze and suffer the same fate?

I think most people expected the race to unfold exactly the way it did, and i cant see what was wrong with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Looked a bit ordinary didn't it???

by the way can anyone tell me the motive for all these owners all of a sudden giving Belinda McCarthy their horses to train?? I mean she may well be a very proficient trainer, it's just mostly people GRADUALLY get the kudos sufficient for a bunch of ( on the surface ) unrelated owners to entrust them with their A class livestock, but Belinda seems to be breaking a few records in that respect and for the life of me the reasons don't appear that obvious.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I see this one the same as Harvey. Theres no way this class of horse can do slow qtrs and the two strongest horses were not going to be trifled with when they got the 1 - 2 positions. Suicide if they do. Reckon sometimes we are seeing things that just ain't there.

+ Reply to Thread