Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Queensland Floods cleanup

Flashing Red

Queensland Floods cleanup

I was at Bundamba (near Ipswich) yesterday, helping to clean up. 12 ft of water had passed through all the buildings, it was just devastating. Every house had couches, furniture etc piled outside the front while the council trucks were going along the roads loading up to take to the tip. Everything was covered in caked mud mixed with what appeared to be oil.
    It was really emotional, to see such devastation, watching the looks of families as they emptied their houses of all their belongings. It was hard work to, but there is still weeks cleanup for these people.
    Now Victoria and Tasmania is flooding. What on earth is happening?

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hey Red and all yous over in that part of the world, I know its easy to say that us back here are thinking of you all but we really are. We have had our share of devastation too with earthquakes and mine disasters and know what you are all going through. Puts a lot into perspective. Keep up the good work and know that its times like this that the real Aussie Spirit shines through.

Flashing Red
    The mines in NZ was particularily (sp??) tragic.

I have never seen "devastation" before actually tangible, in front of me. We all see horrible things happen on the tv, but it is confined to the box. The other day, the reason why I think I got so emotional was that a) I haven't seen devastation before, in real life and b) it was just everywhere. The TV you can look away. There in the real world you can't.

+ Reply to Thread