Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I see this a bit too much

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

I see this a bit too much

That is, drivers who do not drive out their horse until they go PAST or at least AT the finish line. (When in a first 4 position at least)
    Melton race 4 Keeyang Starzzz $1.14? fixed odds, about $1.30 tote.
    Driver stops driving "aggressively" about maybe 10m from the line, seemed a bit too confident that his good horse and very short Favorite would hang on from the fast finishing Paintball who had the kitchen sink thrown at it until a stride or 2 AFTER the line and gets up by a nostrils hair! Jason Lee the Keeyang driver totally lost that race in my opinion and as such a short Fav he cost a lot of punters a fair whack of dosh. No I didn't have a dollar on it actually...
    Have seen B Gath stop driving a horse who was leading down the straight, was then clearly gonna run in the trifecta but dropped the reigns totally and some donkey comes straight over the top at 20/1 or whatever and again a similar margin to tonites race, an absolutely tiny margin, but cost people money, it's not right when it effects potential betting outcomes such as first 4 horses. Now I don't mean to single out these 2drivers I mentioned I could mention more names but the first is a current happening tonite and BG was the other most prominent in my memory.
    I am not talking about a horse who is running 6th and going backwards who ends up running 9th.
    Has anyone else noticed this???

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    I have been updating this forum regularly this evening waiting for that drive to come up. Not particularly pretty. Should get time for incompetence. Thought he was Luke Nolan but at least Nolan had the sense to start riding again. It's not like the winner completely dive bombed him either. Your ten metres is being very kind to young Lee by the way. It was more like one hundred. The closer paintball got the less he wanted to try. Nor was I on either by the way. Thankfully....

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    That was a shocker from young Jason, He thought his horse was cruising and would win comfortably. Without a doubt he would have been called in to the stewards office and should be a fair bit lighter in the back pocket. I'm not real big on seeing the horses being flogged, But all drivers should at least rein there horses up until they pass the post and the only exception should be if the horse is tiring badly or breaks. Watched Kerryn Manning driving(Race. 8) a trotter a bit earlier and her horse was beaten just after coming into the straight and she still drove it out to the line and finished 3rd. Kerryn is a class act and young Jason could learn a hell of a lot if he was to study her driving tactics.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 01-18-2014 at 01:14 AM.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Terrible, just terrible. A months holiday coming surely.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I liked (and backed) Keayang Cullen in race 7 also driven by Jason...he drove it in almost exactly the same manner as the 5s on pop mentioned by Ash in race 4. The stablemate and favourite Keayang Steamer cruised past him down the straight under a cold drive, best horse won, nothing untoward. My question is, was there an error of judgement by Lee in overestimating his horses ability in the earlier race or is this how he drives most of his horses out down the straight? In which case the form guide should read punters beware driver will not punish animal in a tight finish.

This is the replay of race 7 http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#JFC17011401

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I thought he kept Cullen going ok while he was like concrete on Starzzz. Same race I thought Villagem showed no improvement for new stable, first up I know but he was reported to be trialling well.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread