Real Name
    Adam Fairley
    Occupation
    General Manager
    Horses
    Baby Bling, Kayes Memory, Nonchalant, Fi

Vintage Master

Who has an opinion on Vintage Master?

Is he as good as Mr Feelgood was in the US?

Would he do a job in OZ?

How does he rate as a sire on pedigree and confirmation?

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Refer extract below from Harnesslink article 9 Sep 09

New Jersey trainer Jimmy Takter has trained more than 800 harness racing winners since 1992 but he believes yesterday's (Monday) $325,000 Cane Pace winner Vintage Master is the best pacer of them all - even better than his former Little Brown Jug and Interdominion winner Mr Feelgood.

"Vintage Master is the best I have trained. He raced them off their feet yesterday. He's a very good racehorse and it takes something special for a horse to be better than Mr Feelgood," Takter told Harnesslink yesterday from his Canadian hotel.
    That's some statement considering Mr Feelgood has won 21 races in Hemispheres, $2,863,647 and counting.
    But after watching this year's Cane Pace at Freehold Raceway you could see where Takter is coming from. The 3-year-old Western Ideal colt didn't just beat his opposition - he and driver Daniel Dube annihilated them. In fact Vintage Master won by five-and-a-half lengths equaling Art Official's track record time of 1:50.4 set in his Cane Pace Elimination last year. He also slashed two-fifths off of the stakes record of 1:51.1, shared by Always A Virgin (2007) and Art Official (2008).
    Takter rates Vintage Master so highly he believes the 3yo Triple Crown is not beyond his reach. The Cane Pace was the first leg while the second and third legs are the Little Brown Jug on September 24 in Delaware, Ohio, and the Messenger Stakes on November 7 at Yonkers Raceway.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    There is no reason why Vinatge Master could not do a job as a sire in OZ.
    He has a very nice pedigree and was a talented racehorse, as per the previous post. His success in Australia (is he coming ?) would be primarily determined by price in a market that is already saturated with stallion alternatives.

PS - I have a Modern Art service for sale if anyone is interested $3750

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
    Who has an opinion on Vintage Master?

Is he as good as Mr Feelgood was in the US?

Would he do a job in OZ?

How does he rate as a sire on pedigree and confirmation?
    [VVV] Well bred horse owned by Brittany.
    A mate asked me about him maybe 12 months+ ago & interestingly another mate asked me about him just a few days back.
    My view is that he might just lack a bit of point to point high speed...strikes me as a horse that's stronger than he is fast. Sounds a bit crazy for one with a low 1:48's mark but it is worth noting where, when & how it was taken. It was at Chester in an Elim. of the Ben Franklin.
    Foiled Again left hard & went to the top in a low 26's opener then parked Dial Or No Dial. Those two went at it head to head for a piece before Dial Or No Dial took back for leaders back cover and Foiled Again made the half in 52 & a piece. Down the back stretch Vintage Master popped out off the pylons from 3rd approaching the 3/4s and he went through to that station in 1:20 & a bit and he finished on from there, the initially back in the pack Won The West closed hard for 2nd & Keep It Real did the the same for 3rd.
    As fast as that race was, being realistic I don't think he could cut such a mile while out on the front end & all on his own.
    His latest outing was last weekend in an Elim. of the W.R Haughton Memorial at The Meadowlands. Led up at the 1/4, let a suicide mission bound Razzle Dazzle go before the half, re-took the lead before the 3/4s & led into the stretch before being collared by Won The West, One More Laugh and Hypnotic Blue Chip. VM finished 4th, he paced home in 28 even, those 3 got home in 27-27.1. Got beaten maybe a length & 3/4's or so?

+ Reply to Thread