Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Village Jolt ?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.

Village Jolt ?

I see Village Jolt had a treble on Wednesday night at Bendigo but he is not even standing at stud now that Empire is using frozen semen only.
    I have spoken to two studmasters that said they made inquires about standing him but couldn't get him.
    Does anyone know if he is still fertile or if he will be available in future?
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Interesting note Rick, your girl might prove to be the best of them
    I don't know the answer to your question but I see a decline in his services (which did happen in 14-15 and did turn around)
    His total services between 10-11 and last season have been

65, 92, 88, 81, 65, 25, 65, 48, 48, 26
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-31-2020 at 03:26 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You will see from this Classic Families link that there is not a lot to recommend him

http://classicfamilies.net/CF/Offspr...arnings&AD=ASC

Just A Jolt $521k, Eagle Jolt $428k, Giant Jolt $324k are his top overseas earners
    2 of these have Real Artist for their dam sire but they also have a nice doubling up of Cam Fella on their bottom line

While Mynameskenny $199k is his top Oz earner

It is hard to find any black type among his progeny

ps He is not on among USTA's 131 featured stallions

http://stars.ustrotting.com/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It would seem that Fashion Farms in New Hope, Pennsylvania where Village Jolt was retired to stand in 2006, no longer exists either as their site and facebook page have not been updated for 3yrs
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    A lot of budget stallions would dream about getting that many mares Kevin.
    His figures are pretty good for a $2000 or less fee. 31% winners to foals, 70% winners to starters, $26,300 average per starter.
    The industry needs cheap options to cater for all budgets.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Fair enough Rick, you are a breeder while I actually only did it once long ago.
    If I was to have a crack again, I would rather spend a little more on a stallion that has thrown a champ - so that I could at least pretend that I was a chance of winning the jackpot
    I know I would have to spend over $3k but as you know all foals cost the same to raise so the extra $k becomes a small fraction
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread