Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Victorian Interdominion

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Mach Doro crosses for mine, then hands up to Tiger Tara, Spankem to death early, Pats Delight on his back and then Spankem hands up to Cruz Bromac when he comes round. 4yos let the older horses do the bulk of the work before hoping fresher younger legs can out sprint them to the line.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I think Spankem and Cruz Bromac will both stay towards the rear of the field and one will give the other a nice cart up in the final lap. Expect to see them finish in the first 4. Would love to see San Carlo win !
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I see the 7TWO timeslot for Saturday night is 9.00 - 10.30
    With the Trotters Final at 9.08 and the Pacers at 9.45
    It would seem to me that we could do with more lead in time and less after time unless the $30k mares race at 10.15 is supposed to be of interest
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I see the 7TWO timeslot for Saturday night is 9.00 - 10.30
    With the Trotters Final at 9.08 and the Pacers at 9.45
    It would seem to me that we could do with more lead in time and less after time unless the $30k mares race at 10.15 is supposed to be of interest
    Having one of your main bouts straight up will keep the viewers tuned in rather than having to wait 40 minutes?
    Might a 6pm start on the west coast be more ideal than a 5:30 start?

Just hoping there's some promotion across the 7 suite.
    With Escape to the Country either side, a rural training story might be on the cards? Has anyone seen Neil Kearney out and about?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I agree that you wouldn't want much more lead in but you would need 13 minutes. 5 mins to paint the picture and build the excitement. Then they will want a 3 min ad break. Then 5 mins to go through the runners
    I just think it would have been better if the race had been scheduled 5 or so mins later (7two are going to want to start on the hour or half hour)
    A lot of promotion across the 7 suite in the hour leading up to it would be good as normally only around 1-2% of viewers watch 7two
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    You're assuming they are going to show the trotters final live, would not surprise me if they only show the pacers final on 7two. I hope I'm wrong !
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Doesn’t the coverage follow on from the conclusion of the cricket? Not much buffer for the trotters if the cricket goes over time. So good point Rick wonder if the trotters is intended to be shown live in the coverage

aussiebreno
    Media releases about Seven showing the ID made mention of the trotters.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I hope Tornado Valley wins the trotters final.
    Some will say that $250k of prizemoney in 10mths is an incredible return
    but any horse that has won 15 Group races in a calendar year deserves a lot more
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread