Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melton races transferred to Bendigo due to fire danger

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Melton races transferred to Bendigo due to fire danger

I was checking that it wasn't April 1

Central/Melton are rated Extreme tomorrow while Northern Country/Bendigo are rated High fire danger

We are not talking Catastrophic anywhere in the state

I wonder whether Flemington is moving to Bendigo too LOL

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...VSO3rWa6O6ouHU

I can guess why HRV have limited (eliminated?) who can comment on this on their fb page
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have been told that on the AHRI facebook page (which little Stevey Cleve banned me from for zero reason) Kate Gath for one has been speaking out against the move
    I believe little Stevey has now turned off comments - somebody has to relieve this guy of administering that facebook page

Apparently Kate pointed out that Melton has got air conditioned sheds for horses and plenty of aircon spots for patrons while Bendigo has got* stalls out in the open. Also no meals at Bendigo tomorrow night... done by caterers and it is too late to organise.*

ps This weekend has always been Bendigo's big Athletics Gift and Cycling weekend
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    From Larajay
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Yes forcing most of the participants to travel further on a hot day seems ridiculous. Melton track would be easy to protect in a fire, Bendigo is surrounded by trees and would be much harder to protect. I can't see the sense in the change. Expect lots of scratchings.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    How censored are we when even HRV did not allow comments about the decision on their fb page

I was banned from the AHRI page last year for expressing surprise that little Stevey allowed a particular topic
    Easy to see why I was not surprised when he shuts down comments on the Bendigo story yesterday
    He is employed by HRV = hardly an independent moderator

Is it the AHRI fb page or his?
    I ask this seriously as in my town we have 2 community pages as some chaps named their page the community page (strange, I know) but it resulted in them just deleting whatever they did not agree with on their page so a second page was created by the community
    Last edited by Messenger; 03-09-2024 at 05:14 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Hey, it might actually be HIS page as I found this chat I had with him even earlier. It was so strange for a moderator that I actually kept the whole thing (about promoting a Bendigo $1m night) but here is the conclusion of it
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread