Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For A Reason injury

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

For A Reason injury

The season is over for brilliant 4yo For A Reason.
    A devastated trainer/driver Luke McCarthy has revealed that his star pacer has a bone chip on his nearside hind fetlock which will require some minor surgery followed by a lengthy spell.
    The horse commonly known as 'Frank' faced the starter on just three occasions this season resulting in two victories and a sixth placing in the Gr.1 $200,000 SEW Eurodrive Chariots Of Fire at TABCORP Park, Menangle behind Queensland star Lanercost.
    “It's a bitter pill to swallow but at the same time at least I know what has been troubling him because he's much better than what he showed in the Chariots.” McCarthy stated.
    For A Reason has spent the past couple of days at the Randwick Equine Centre undergoing various tests where veterinarians tried to pinpoint the problem.
    “I took him to Randwick knowing that something wasn't quite right and told the vets to explore all options, they used the scintigraphy test,”
    “The results showed that he has a bone chip in the nearside hind fetlock joint and that explains why he didn't drive well at his past two starts,”
    “I know he won his Chariots qualifier but he didn't drive well and then the Chariots was even worse so I knew something was troubling him because normally he's so smooth.”
    McCarthy has now aborted plans to return to Queensland for the Brisbane Winter Carnival starting in July at Albion Park.
    “He didn't have many starts left in this campaign but I was keen to head up to Brisbane and tackle the 4yo Championship followed by the 4&5yo Championship the following week,”
    “It would've been nice to have another shot at Lanercost but I will just have to wait for next season now,”
    “My original plan was always a light campaign as a 4yo but I was hoping for more than three starts.” McCarthy quipped
    The Art Major entire will be tested on the open class stage next season.
    “He will be given plenty of time to recover before returning to full work later this year, he will probably have three months off”
    “Frank comes back on a fairly loose mark (M2) so he will get a good grounding before we throw him in the deep end but I'm sure he will take the step when required,”
    “It's a massive step into open class but I know what this guy is capable of and I'm sure he will show his true colours next season, he will be a fully matured strong horse by that stage.”
    For A Reason was voted the Australian 3yo of the Year last season after claiming four Derby victories.

Flashing Red
    So disappointing for Luke

+ Reply to Thread