Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Menangle 16 horse trotters race

aussiebreno

Menangle 16 horse trotters race

It going to be like watching a race from Kumeu or Wangiora or some other obscure location from NZ. Will be the biggest field I've seen in Aust.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Yes it will be interesting to watch and one thing is for sure they all won't be going across the line together lol.

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    I have to agree, I am looking forward to watching this race, a great track to have this race at also. If its true races with bigger fields, and an even group of horses racing with no short price favourite generates better turnover, perhaps paying prizemoney lower down the placings may encourage more of these contests.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hope the race turns out good. Nothing like a big field to make things interesting. In my earliers days there would be fields of 20 lining up. I can remember a horse looking for room in the straight as they were 8 wide in front of him.

triplev123
    We've got a piece (1/3rd I think?) of an NZ bred Trotting mare, she's 38 for 4/5/7 & a 2:00 mark, fair to say she's stronger than she is fast but she is really great gaited, a lovely mover. Waiting for it to re-appear after a spell and then a slight set back. Will be racing at Menangle. Closely related to Cillas Earl etc. Should be interesting. I'd like to see her bred to Muscle Hill when she's all done. I think his wicked, effortless high speed is exactly what's required.

nat
    The track is big enough for the field it will be interesting to see how the figures turn out on the tab always makes out for interesting betting affairs big fields more angles and multiples and at the end of the day its good to mix it up every now and then when there is only a few trot races a week and the same winners all the time.

+ Reply to Thread