Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Penrith's off...again.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Some interesting news to hand today.
    A fella I know who's close to and so well versed in the machinations of the State Government here in NSW was filling me in on the various proposed development areas in & around where I live and we got to talking about Eastern Creek & surrounds. I mentioned to him that there was land available out there where it was recently proposed two or three race clubs might relocate to. To my surprise he was well aware of it all & added the concerning comment that 'they'd better not wait too long to make up their minds, they'll only get one shot at it'. Apparently there are a fair number of ideas lined up for consideration & only so much suitable land to go around. This conversation bothered me greatly because eventually those who currently oppose any sale & move will either fall by the wayside or see the light and change their minds...but chances are that it will be all too late by then.
    Anything that needs to be done in a hurry is concerning

triplev123
    G'day Breno,

Under normal circumstances I'd concur however, having been daily witness to the way in which the land to the South-West, West and North-West of Sydney has been and is being opened up and eaten up by various developments, I can completely understand where he is coming from. This bloke's information is rock solid & he does not have a dog in the fight, not even a hair on the dog. Wouldn't know one end of a horse from the other & couldn't care less. In fact, he's a God damned bike rider. Has not yet become one of those skin tight lycra panted strokers with the Bolle's, backpacks and water bottles that goes out of their way to interfere daily with the flow of rush hour traffic just because they think it is their right to do so...but he is definitely verging on it.
    Last edited by triplev123; 08-02-2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: bad spelling

+ Reply to Thread