Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smoken Up - 3 wide in 1:52.8

Flashing Red

Smoken Up - 3 wide in 1:52.8

What an amazing run by Smoken Up last night. Three wide the last lap in 1:52.8 for a 1000m track. They looked like they were going to swamp him at the start of the straight and he put his head down and kept trying. Absolute shame he wasn't in the last Winter Cup. It's amazing how a few seasons ago he was always thereabouts in big races but always seemed to find one better. Not only is he winning now but he is running time and is almost always the run the of the race. I know some say that the Grand Circuit has had a lack of depth the past few years, with the same horses punching around and just getting older. While I do agree with that, Smoken Up is consistently running times normally unseen in the southern hemisphere leading me to believe that he is winning now because he has really come into his own and is the best in the country, rather than a lack of depth in grand circuit races. Well done Lance and Trigger and keep up the good work!!

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Amazingly tough performance. I thought David Hercules really had him in the straight and would race past him on the inside , but Smoken Up just went up another gear. What more can you say about him. He never ceases to amaze me what he can do in a race.

Yes, kudos to Lance Justice. Like him or hate him , you have to give him a lot of credit to keep Smoken Up at the top of his game year after year.

nat
    What a race alright Flashing Red great diversity coming from behind by Smoken Up other runs of merit David Hercules and Lets Slash An Burn. I equate his rise like a top level athlete that you see race in a couple of Olympics ant they are there about's and by the third one they are hard conditioned and honed for the job at hand. What I like about Lance and Smoken Up is every time they race your just likely to see something special Lance doesn't mind letting him go and I think that give him a few runs there will be a sprint trip at Melton that he might go for a statement.

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Terrific runs the first 3, also really pleased to see Composed run so well in his first test at the big time.

Lovely horse, was a top class early season 2 Yr old, had some great battles with Bells and Whistles but seemed to be just below the real good ones as a latter 2 Yr Old/3 Yr Old. Has really comes on leaps and bounds in the past 6 months though, always runs a good race and tries his heart out.

Would love to own a hose like him. Consistency Plus.

+ Reply to Thread