Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Here's one- 1st start 2yo winner at AP today

triplev123

Here's one- 1st start 2yo winner at AP today

American Legend. If he doesn't go on to much bigger & better things I'll eat my old Lawn Mowing Shoes. Some damned nice work there by Owner/Breeder Tony Price.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Triple

Nice run and very green, i noticed he trialled the other day in 2.00.8. Once he learns what it's all about he should be a nice horse.

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Hello Mango & Triplev123,

It's nice to hear the opinions of two very knowledgeable harness racing people. I really enjoy your posts and find them very thoughtful and I have learnt quite a few useful things.

I watched the reply of this horse and agree that it was a nice win. I remember talking to Tony price a few years ago and he seemed quite keen on American Ideal. I thought he had a very good pedigree with wicked gate speed and acceleration which is why I bred one of my mares to him. Unfortunately my American Ideal colt did not sell at the Brisbane APG sale so I will be watching this colt with interest.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Love of Courage

American Ideal done a great job with his first crop in the states and there's know reason he shouldn't do it out here, it may take a little longer out here as he has only served around 350 mare's in the southern hemisphere in his first 3yrs not sure how many live foals. I think things changed for him this year as he served around 100 Aus 100 Kiwi mare's. Unfortunately you didn't sell yours but hopefully taking him home turns out for the best. Keep us posted on how he is comming along.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Sue

it might be a good omen for you.

i took my American ideal to the Syd APG sales in 2010. he didnt sell either, and he is now called Grouse party House and will win plenty more than i was prepared to sell him for!

Member Filly DAZZA will become famous soon enough DAZZA's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    American Legend went very nice, gate speed and than drops onto the bit beautifully and travels like a gem and has a nice sprint on him. Perfect little horse for this stage of his career.
    Keep an eye on a nice colt by the name of STOUT. Ricky Thurlow has him. Trailed awesome today. Galloped in the score up, sat last, pulled, thurlow pulled him out could hardly hold him and went straight past a horse that has won a race already. Went to the line hard held. Nice little horse.

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Hello Mightymo,

Always enjoy your posts Mightymo !

Just added Grouse Party House to my AHRC Blackbook list and just downloaded his first win. Some very nice horses in the pedigree so should have some fun with him - Best Of Luck ! I belive American Ideal was the leading 1st season sire in the US last season so he should have some nice youngsters.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Love of Courage

Yes American Ideal was the leading 1st season sire and also 2min percentage sire with his horses mainly racing on New Yorks half mile tracks.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    American Legend. If he doesn't go on to much bigger & better things I'll eat my old Lawn Mowing Shoes. Some damned nice work there by Owner/Breeder Tony Price.
    I think your lawn mowing shoes are safe Triple. Looks a nice sort and bound to go on with it.

triplev123
    I was taken by his gait and really handy speed that colt of Tony's has. If you watch him closely throughout the race to give a little bit of seperation he has to be gathered up a piece by his driver & gentley checked off the helmet of the guy on the lead at least a half dozen times and yet in half a stride and the blink of an eye he is right back up there again. Seemed to do it so easily. I'd love to see him loose on the lead at Menangle over a Mile. That colt has a 1.54-1.55 mile in him, no question in my mind. The grapevine says they have another one in the wings btw. Shannon trained a treble from 3 starters yesterday. I think it was a 2yo and 2 x 3yos.

+ Reply to Thread