+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bring back the T

aussiebreno
    Michael Day Jnr doing a similar thing
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=17558

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Gee whizz Tahn, that would be great ifeveryone is more accountable for what they say and who they offend.
    I see Jules has posted some rules too! it would be nice if everyone plays to the same rules also!!

cheers,
    Dan
    When Facebook comes into place, I feel that the need for moderators would be almost obsolete, if the comments on Harnesslink's stories are anything to go by (now very tame indeed). Over the past several months I have deleted posts I have 100% agreed with and left posts that I quite disliked but otherwise weren't defamous (if that is a word, lol) in anyway. I have kept my cards close to my chest on many, many issues and I think people would be surprised to knew what I really think on some topics. I quite enjoyed this forum some 6-12 months ago, there were discussions on horses, deconstructions of big races, talks on lameness and ailements in general, there were many quality posters, some of which are bigger players in the industry. I quite enjoyed logging on everyday. Gradually, as the forum grew, so did the shit, then a select few posters have created multiple aliases and since the scandal in NSW, well it has become almost torch and pitchfork style and I no longer enjoy this forum with the direction it has taken. I am not the only one, with many of the forums top contributors leaving or hardly posting at all. You just have to look who was posting 12 months ago to who is posting now to see what I mean and compare the quality of the posts from the two periods. I have felt compelled to stay around in a moderative role only (and really only) as I am very appreciative of winning Harnesslinks forum comp some 12 months ago and to Mr Curtin. I think once Facebook has been implemented this forum will just about moderate itself which is when I will say my adieu
    Last edited by Flashing Red; 01-26-2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason: spelling

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    When Facebook comes into place, I feel that the need for moderators would be almost obsolete, if the comments on Harnesslink's stories are anything to go by (now very tame indeed). Over the past several months I have deleted posts I have 100% agreed with and left posts that I quite disliked but otherwise weren't defamous (if that is a word, lol) in anyway. I have kept my cards close to my chest on many, many issues and I think people would be surprised to knew what I really think on some topics. I quite enjoyed this forum some 6-12 months ago, there were discussions on horses, deconstructions of big races, talks on lameness and ailements in general, there were many quality posters, some of which are bigger players in the industry. I quite enjoyed logging on everyday. Gradually, as the forum grew, so did the shit, then a select few posters have created multiple aliases and since the scandal in NSW, well it has become almost torch and pitchfork style and I no longer enjoy this forum with the direction it has taken. I am not the only one, with many of the forums top contributors leaving or hardly posting at all. You just have to look who was posting 12 months ago to who is posting now to see what I mean and compare the quality of the posts from the two periods. I have felt compelled to stay around in a moderative role only (and really only) as I am very appreciative of winning Harnesslinks forum comp some 12 months ago and to Mr Curtin. I think once Facebook has been implemented this forum will just about moderate itself which is when I will say my adieu
    At the same time though, with facebook implementation and - hopefully - the forum no longer needing as much moderating, the discussion may also become better and back to what it was earlier when you enjoyed it, perhaps you would like to stay if that is the case?

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    Keep the faith Flash it will clear up, the forum would be much richer with your input as it was before,
    also I have been called a Card, so if you need any more

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Starship Captain View Post
    Keep the faith Flash it will clear up, the forum would be much richer with your input as it was before,
    Here here that's why I want her to stay !

+ Reply to Thread