+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boldenone

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac

Boldenone

Last year Boldenone was the subject of much discussion.

Thought it was interesting to see the following in the NZ trainers association report:

"The HRNZ Board is currently grappling with two decisions concerning illegal substances. On the one hand, they are pressing for the banning of all steroids, on the other they are deciding on whether to raise the allowable level of TC02 in horses from the current 35 m/mol to 36m/mol, which is apparently the level accepted by every other racing jurisdiction in the World. While the Association strongly supports the fight against drug use, there is one steroid, Boldenone, which is still very much subject to conjecture (in fact has been clinically proven) to be found in horses through other means than administration. It seems incongruous that the Board is adamant on the steroid issue to bring us into line with the rest of the World, yet (despite recommendations from the RIU and others dating back to 2012) is stalling on following the standard policy on TC02."

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    So what are your thoughts on Boldenone?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Whilst I own and breed horses, Im not a horseman and I dont really know much about the use or benefits of it, so my view is based simply on the current rules of racing ie It's a banned substance and should not be used on racehorses

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    Whilst I own and breed horses, Im not a horseman and I dont really know much about the use or benefits of it, so my view is based simply on the current rules of racing ie It's a banned substance and should not be used on racehorses
    So it's a "banned substance, in Aus and NZ" that being the case Harvey, can we ask the reason why you have raised the subject again?

Senior Member Colt djgood will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Goodhand
    Occupation
    trainer
    Horses
    Couple of squaregaiters
    I have read a vets test on steroids in the system I recall it was 60+ colts and 40 + fillies all not treated with any steroids these horses were tested regularly over 9 months and while other steroids were found in very small amounts boldenone they could find no trace and the conclusion was any boldenone found in a swab had to be artificially given to the horse and not natural occurring

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by djgood View Post
    I have read a vets test on steroids in the system I recall it was 60+ colts and 40 + fillies all not treated with any steroids these horses were tested regularly over 9 months and while other steroids were found in very small amounts boldenone they could find no trace and the conclusion was any boldenone found in a swab had to be artificially given to the horse and not natural occurring
    Further to this...the fourth dot point.
    http://www.thehorse.com/articles/250...-in-racehorses

So where's the study that shows it naturally occurring?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    Last year Boldenone was the subject of much discussion.

Thought it was interesting to see the following in the NZ trainers association report:

"The HRNZ Board is currently grappling with two decisions concerning illegal substances. On the one hand, they are pressing for the banning of all steroids, on the other they are deciding on whether to raise the allowable level of TC02 in horses from the current 35 m/mol to 36m/mol, which is apparently the level accepted by every other racing jurisdiction in the World. While the Association strongly supports the fight against drug use, there is one steroid, Boldenone, which is still very much subject to conjecture (in fact has been clinically proven) to be found in horses through other means than administration. It seems incongruous that the Board is adamant on the steroid issue to bring us into line with the rest of the World, yet (despite recommendations from the RIU and others dating back to 2012) is stalling on following the standard policy on TC02."
    Is there any reference to support the statement that it has been clinically proven to occur naturally Harvey?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread