Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 111 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Shannon O'Sullivan drove the second placegetter in R6 at Bendigo tonight but she would have to laugh about who her conqueror was - Hard Rock Shannon

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#BNC20092205
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Theoldfox will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Em C
    And also she was driving "Friends" and beaten by her long time friend!

aussiebreno
    While watching some old footage today there some footage of todays date 20th Oct. From 1984 to be exact. Can anyone name what happened on this day? Should be a popular memory to bring back from some older readers.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Well Preux Chevalier was winning everything on the Grand Circuit but I only have the year books up to 83 and our absolutely pathetic HRA online records are incomplete for PC's career before 85
    84 was only 38yrs ago - sure they were only going digital then but you would think we could do a bit of retrospective data entry for champions
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Well Preux Chevalier was winning everything on the Grand Circuit but I only have the year books up to 83 and our absolutely pathetic HRA online records are incomplete for PC's career before 85
    84 was only 38yrs ago - sure they were only going digital then but you would think we could do a bit of retrospective data entry for champions
    Not him. I did check if you could view results but these look go as far as 85 on that screen with HRA.
    I did check this horses race history on HRA and this win is listed on his record on there at least.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    While watching some old footage today there some footage of todays date 20th Oct. From 1984 to be exact. Can anyone name what happened on this day? Should be a popular memory to bring back from some older readers.
    I am not home until tomorrow night but from the pre-HRA website era a quick perusal of my 1984/85 Year Book should provide an answer.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    I am not home until tomorrow night but from the pre-HRA website era a quick perusal of my 1984/85 Year Book should provide an answer.
    I'm guessing: Preux Chevalier wins the 1984 Whinfield CUP at Moonee Valley. Check out Peter Donegan's pink jacket...but great vision of the race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWAwqpCrfQs

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    I'm guessing: Preux Chevalier wins the 1984 Whinfield CUP at Moonee Valley. Check out Peter Donegan's pink jacket...but great vision of the race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWAwqpCrfQs
    Nope going by the video that was 8th December.

This was at Moonee Valley though.

Just looking at some of the beaten brigade in that Vic Cup and 2nd horse Panyan interestingly also won on 20th Oct 1984 at MV. V Knight sure got them fit. It was first up 13th Oct. Then from just 20th Oct to 5th Nov won 5/5.

Edit: Do I dare mention similarities with Boncel Benjamin to Panyan going from being driven (possibly trained) by S Duffy to then going to grand circuit horse with new trainer!!
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 10-20-2022 at 10:11 PM.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    GOT IT
    But I cheated using your Panyan clue Brendan
    That enabled me to look up his race on that night from his performance chart which then gave me the meeting code for that night which I could do a search for on Harnessweb
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    GOT IT
    But I cheated using your Panyan clue Brendan
    That enabled me to look up his race on that night from his performance chart which then gave me the meeting code for that night which I could do a search for on Harnessweb
    Well done tracking it down! I thought the Panyan clue would help get on right track. There was also one sneaky little clue in my first post!

I didn't realise Harnessweb had all that historical stuff. Thats excellent!

+ Reply to Thread