+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eureka broadcast

Junior Member Weanling ryantics will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Ryan
    Occupation
    Store Manager

Angry Eureka broadcast

Can someone tell me why there is no live and free-to-air broadcast of the TAB Eureka?
    I'm sitting at my computer expecting to see an arrangement with TrotsTV and harness.org and as usual HRNSW has left me disappointed.

Why also couldn't HRNSW have had the feature race shown on Racing.com, this race is a world class event. They're the worst at promoting their brand, they can't even get the Miracle mile on Racing .com.

Does HRV have an exclusive arrangement with Harness.org and Sky Racing to show live harness races?
    Surely this can be a shared facility.

aussiebreno
    TAB/Sky do on their third channel.

Racing.com is Victorian wouldnt expect a NSW harness race

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Great coverage on Sky Thoroughbred Central - their boutique channel (is that what you mean by 3rd Brendan)
    I always like to watch it on my computer so I am not sure but assume it is available on Foxtel and I guess Kayo
    All you need to have is a TAB account with a couple of dollars in it and it costs you nothing

Not going to catch the general public however so We do need to do much more (although TrotsVision provides a great platform for Victorian trots - however I am not sure how well know it is by the general public). I am still old fashioned enough to believe in free to air TV so IMO it would be great to get it on 7Mate or something similar but their programming always varies for different states

I am glad Thoroughbred Central does not belong to the Racing NSW for if it was like Racing.com/Victoria you would be no good thing to see harness as in the past they have seen us as the enemy (historical proof of this is the stuff of nightmares and is true for racing journalism too)

There is also the Vic v NSW to throw into the mix. Racing.com would never show a NSW gallops race (hatred probably describes the feeling between the 2 states) so HRNSW would only have a marginally better chance
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Weanling ryantics will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Ryan
    Occupation
    Store Manager
    I get what you guys are writing but I still reckon that HRNSW should have a regular live broadcast platform on Harness.org,
    thru Sky Racing and on TrotsTV just like HRV does with their own Trots Vision.

Why can't HRA step in over this, it's all about promoting harness racing for every state. If it didn't work for them then HRV wouldn't do it.

Sometime ago I wrote to John Dumesny making this suggestion but never got a reply
    (he's obviously far to busy to communicate with the likes of me and what would I know anyway).

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by ryantics View Post
    I get what you guys are writing but I still reckon that HRNSW should have a regular live broadcast platform on Harness.org,
    thru Sky Racing and on TrotsTV just like HRV does with their own Trots Vision.

Why can't HRA step in over this, it's all about promoting harness racing for every state. If it didn't work for them then HRV wouldn't do it.

Sometime ago I wrote to John Dumesny making this suggestion but never got a reply
    (he's obviously far to busy to communicate with the likes of me and what would I know anyway).
    I agree with that

Almost 10 yrs ago before Kayo became popular I posted here and emailed HRNSW similar about becoming accessible on Kayo.

Got similar response as you.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I was involved with some team meetings which were looking at how to overhaul HRA's harness.org
    Such a live broadcast window was at the top of our list (but was not going to happen from the get-go)
    Any way we had been meeting for a couple of months and were at a stage where Dan Boreau - GM of RISE was going to take it to HRA for their preliminary thoughts
    A week or two later Dan resigned (back in May) and I never heard anything more about it
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    I think these harness racing organisations as well as free-to-air TV stations have a perception that the general public is not very interested in harness racing even Foxtel are giving preference to greyhound races just shove the trots over to Sky Racing2 although they are not as bad as they used to be.
    Here we have the most anticipated and richest harness race in Australia and 10,000 turned up in a city of 5 million and everyone thought that was a huge crowd.
    I'm taking another walk down memory lane here but I can remember when 30,000 turned up at Gloucester Park to see one race the match race between Pure Steel and Satinover in 1980 and this is when city populations were nowhere near to what they are now.
    I know there was a lot less choice of entertainment back then but the crowds attending harness racing meetings attracted the attention of the media, newsprint and TV.

With the trots TAB turnover now at the bottom of the big three I can't see a turnaround anytime soon.
    Accolades however to Sky Thoroughbred Central their coverage of the Eureka was outstanding.

+ Reply to Thread