Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kilmore Cup 2022

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Kilmore Cup 2022

It is a good field for Friday night

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#KIM23092201
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The only question is whether we can really expect much from the three horses resuming from a spell when the distance is 2690m
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Theoldfox will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Em C
    there is sufficient race fit talent in those stables to mean workouts are as hard a a race as they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    The only question is whether we can really expect much from the three horses resuming from a spell when the distance is 2690m

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    True but if I was an owner I think I would prefer them to be having warm ups where they stand a chance of a cheque
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Might have considered going if Melbourne's weather could improve for more than one day but yesterday was it and I am afraid it is going to be typical Kilmore weather - coats essential - it is only 50 minutes to the first
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Watching Gareth Hall's relaxed interview with Noel Shinn, makes me wish Gareth was our main man, it is refreshing how he doesn't attempt to steal the focus from whom he interviews
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Brittany Graham asked: Can the next Grand Circuit King please stand up?
    She didn't mention this fella but maybe he did
    Rock N Roll Doo

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#KIM23092201
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    I feel like I've seen a Rock N Roll Heaven 4yo trained by Mick Stanley stand up and be counted before. It didn't quite work out with Rackemup Tigerpie but the similarities to this stage are remarkable.

Was certainly driven well.

Don't know if he will get the same situation in a Grand Circuit race with a horse like Mach Shard handing up (probably because he was first up over 2600m) and big guns Honolua Bay and Like a Wildfire out the back and no Copy That, Louis or E Ego or the better 4yos Bondi and Better Eclipse. The win is really important though as it demands he be given respect by other drivers.

Really good win though and adds to the depth in the Vic Cup.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am no longer so sure that Bondi is going to be a better 4yo Brendan. RNRDoo didn't get it that easy early. I reckon he could have sat outside Mach and beaten him on what we saw in the end. It wasn't a bad drive by Stanley but I would be much more confident of future wins if he was being driven by someone like Sugars
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I am no longer so sure that Bondi is going to be a better 4yo Brendan. RNRDoo didn't get it that easy early. I reckon he could have sat outside Mach and beaten him on what we saw in the end. It wasn't a bad drive by Stanley but I would be much more confident of future wins if he was being driven by someone like Sugars
    Agree, I've definitely criticised the odd drive of Stanleys so thought I better be balanced when he put in a pearler

+ Reply to Thread